News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

and so it begins... My Charger *UPDATED Aug 5th*

Started by Khyron, November 17, 2006, 10:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Khyron

O.k. I'm just going to throw up some pictures of where the car is at now and update a bit later with more actual progress pictures and some storys.

So here she is at Aug 5th. I'm working out a engine problem right now so I don't have a lot of time. But here she is.

Right now it's up and running but I have a major oil leak on the motor and can't isolate it. It's leaking like a crazy from the passanger side rear of the head. I replaced the head gasket thinking I pinched it but it's still there. No oil in the combustion chamber, and it's not just on the bottom of the engine. The oil is from the bottom of the header down.  :icon_smile_question:

I'll be working on it later. So I'll update when I figure it out.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

The70RT

Looking great man.  I'm sure you checked the oil sender? I hope it isn't a plug on the back of the block. Take your flywheel cover off and see what it looks like. It sucks having an oil leak on a new motor.........been there done that.  :brickwall:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TruckDriver

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

472 R/T SE

I was really hoping you were gonna paint the radiator support but didn't want to ask.   ;)  The white interior looks killer with the paint.  You're doing a great job, looks awesome.  :coolgleamA:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Khyron

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 05, 2007, 01:51:21 PM
I was really hoping you were gonna paint the radiator support but didn't want to ask.   ;) 

yeah. I was thinking about keeping with the body color, but when I looked at it the car just didn't look right.

Now, with these new pictures. I know i'll catch some poop for the hood. so I will say this. Yes I know it's not the hood that the DMCL car had. But I LOV Ethe 6 pack hood on a Charger.

I do have 2 hoods though. the original hood from the car is getting painted body color for when I go to shows and play the DMCL roll ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Khyron on August 05, 2007, 09:52:14 PM
Now, with these new pictures. I know i'll catch some poop for the hood. so I will say this. Yes I know it's not the hood that the DMCL car had. But I LOV Ethe 6 pack hood on a Charger.

I do have 2 hoods though. the original hood from the car is getting painted body color for when I go to shows and play the DMCL roll ;)

I think it is a good idea :2thumbs:

The car looks great :yesnod: :cheers:
PETE

69bronzeT5

Mans I look at the pictures that you posted back in mid June and the new pics and its amazing how much you've gotten done in the past while. Then I look at my car and it hasnt changed at all :rotz: ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mean 318

terrible one

As I've said plenty in this thread, that looks amazing. Cloning the DMCL car would be a dream come true for me, even with the '68. I just want the slots, the paint, and the stripe! I love it! Too cool man.

68rustbucket

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: Man that looks great!!
Now i know this is going to sound stupid but in the heck dose dmcl stand for?  :brickwall: :brickwall:

terrible one

Quote from: 68rustbucket on August 05, 2007, 11:40:30 PM
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: Man that looks great!!
Now i know this is going to sound stupid but in the heck dose dmcl stand for?  :brickwall: :brickwall:

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry. It's a movie starring Peter Fonda made in 1974 that features, for the most part of the movie, a '69 Charger painted Citron Yella.

Khyron

well, half the car is done but we were unable to finish the other side tonight. BUT for those that saw the movie Dirty Marry Crazy Larry you'll remember the apple orchard at the end...

well... Our local orchard owner likes the movie and Mopars so he let me take some pics.

enjoy.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

terrible one

Beautiful. I was wondering when you were going to throw the stripe on there. I sure would love a DMCL clone.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: terrible one on August 16, 2007, 12:40:17 AM
Beautiful. I was wondering when you were going to throw the stripe on there. I sure would love a DMCL clone.

Technically you could if u wanted to as they did use a 68 for some shots remember? thatd cool 2 see a 68 done up like it 2 :yesnod:-MATT

THE CHARGER PUNK

BTW Very cool khyron, i love the dirty mary charger i hope 1 day I 2 can build 1 :yesnod:

Hemidog

nice clone, very good work! makes me want to see DMCL again!

NYCMille

Dude, I had no idea you were doing a DMCL replica. I think that thing is AWESOME!... Really, really one hellavua' cool car. :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

i like the hood but i'd do it gloss to match the stipe,.. but hell man what do I know?..  :shruggy: how about some interior pics?..

terrible one

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on August 16, 2007, 05:57:46 AM
Quote from: terrible one on August 16, 2007, 12:40:17 AM

Technically you could if u wanted to as they did use a 68 for some shots remember? thatd cool 2 see a 68 done up like it 2 :yesnod:-MATT

Haha yeah that was going to be my excuse, but I can't do it because I can't afford the paint and body work. Ah well.