News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

and so it begins... My Charger *UPDATED Aug 5th*

Started by Khyron, November 17, 2006, 10:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

well, we've been blessed with some nice weather. so I started.

I bought my Charger about 2 and a half years ago. I built up a 360, and had some fun. But it's time for a big block and getting the car a new coat and fixing up the body. here she is.

I was amazed on how good the metal was. but wait till you see it next year.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

I'll be putting in a 383. new trannie, and doign the body work. The vinal top will come off and the roof will be repaired where it's rusting. The top may go back on, I don't know. I love hard tops, it depands on how the roof looks.

The engine compartment will be scrubbed, scraped, and cleaned. I'll be relocating as much wireing and vacuum hose as I can for a nice clean look. Battery goes int he trunk, and the compartment will get painted the same color as the car.

right now. It may stay gold. or I may go with a high impact color. Time will tell.

don't cry for her, she'll be back ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

Good luck Krylon, its a long road from here to back on the road again.... sometimes a 2 month rebuild turns into 2 years or even worse.. good luck and keep your stick on the ice.. :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

kamkuda

That car looks clean :o  That will make for a quicker and faster project.  Body color engine bay will also be a nice adjustment :icon_smile_tongue:  Good luck

41husk

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 17, 2006, 11:08:36 AM
Good luck Krylon, its a long road from here to back on the road again.... sometimes a 2 month rebuild turns into 2 years or even worse.. good luck and keep your stick on the ice.. :icon_smile_big:
Yep I pulled the moter out of my Challenger about 10 years ago to Freshen up the engine compartment, it's still not back on the road, but I am making progress.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

derailed

Cant wait to see it when its done. Keep posting the pics.

Charger_Fan

Cool, Man! :thumbs: Keep those pics-a-commin'!
Good way to break in that new garage too. :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

70charginglizard

Well the best of luck on your new adventure.

Be sure to have a lot of advil close at hand for those back breaking days of work pulling it all apart.

I'm sure it will be totally awesome when complete.  :icon_smile_approve:
70charginglizard

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

472 R/T SE

I thought you were just changin' oil.  :icon_smile_tongue: ;D

Right-on.  A gold hard top would look sweet IMO.  Since you're relocating the battery, are you not going with a stock engine bay?

You'll have that garge full sooner than you think.  Keep the pix comin'  :thumbs:.

Khyron

Thanks for the words of support :D

The engine compartment is not going to be stock. I'm going to be re-routing all the wires and vacuum lines and there will be very few wires visable.

the 383 will also not be stock. I'll post more as the information becomes available ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BrianShaughnessy

Wholey crap!!!!     :2thumbs:   Good luck!    :drive:   

I guess you got a lot more planned for winter project than I do.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Chris G.

Man, I thought that car looked really clean already. I also love a hardtop Charger. Good Luck with the upgrades, and keep the updates coming. I would go 440, but that's just me. :thumbs:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Khyron

Quote from: Chris G. on November 17, 2006, 08:36:33 PM
I would go 440, but that's just me. :thumbs:

that was originaly the plan, however, sometimes things change  ;D

if all goes right, it may be a 383 block, but it's not going to be a 383 engine ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Drache

Damn you americans work quick lol! The last time I saw a car get taken apart that fast was during a trip to New York and I made a wrong turn somewhere!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

derailed

Silver R/T

nice progress, what color was the car originally? Good luck
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Drache on November 18, 2006, 01:23:31 AM
Damn you americans work quick lol! The last time I saw a car get taken apart that fast was during a trip to New York and I made a wrong turn somewhere!  :icon_smile_big:
Well, Khyron does live in New York... :scratchchin:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69 rt

Looks great so far, good luck, and send more pics

69 rt

Khyron

Quote from: Silver R/T on November 18, 2006, 02:25:43 PM
nice progress, what color was the car originally? Good luck

that is the original color. Y4.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

I'm waiting for the Dirty Mary Crazy Larry paint job ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

tan top

good start        :scope:  look  real good from pictures .  would like to see more pictures as you progress :thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Shakey

Do I smell another General Lee Khyron?   :yesnod:

Khyron

Quote from: Shakey on November 20, 2006, 06:51:35 AM
Do I smell another General Lee Khyron?   :yesnod:

hehe nope. Not a GL, but an extremely strong possibility of a DMCL one. With one change of course. I have a sweet spot for a 6 pack hood ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.