News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

thought I would share. 71 Hemi Charger. *UPDATED PICS*

Started by Khyron, November 17, 2006, 10:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

last426

Just FYI, my car is very low optioned.  When I talked with the original owner and asked why he spent so much on the hemi but didn't even get a console, he said "I was 28, had a wife and two kids, wanted a hemi for years and my wife finally agreed that I could get it, I was just trying to save money."  Here is a pic of the fender tag and the sheet that lists the options.  If anyone wants to see more, I have a website in transition at www.marlia.com.  Kim

mikesbbody

what a cool story kim! i will definitly check out your website!

last426

Quote from: mikesbbody on January 22, 2007, 03:26:05 AM
what a cool story kim! i will definitly check out your website!

Yeah, sometimes you hear something that just rings true.  He traded in a 69 Superbee for the charger.  Kim

www.marlia.com

Charger_Fan

Kim, I like your idea of clicking on post-it notes for your site navigation! :thumbs: Neat idea, I haven't seen that before. :)
No, I don't get out much. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

last426

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 22, 2007, 06:18:37 PM
Kim, I like your idea of clicking on post-it notes for your site navigation! Neat idea, I haven't seen that before. :)
No, I don't get out much.

I haven't seen it before either but it must be around cause it's real easy to do.  When my girlfriend gets back from Mexico she will help make the site more pleasing -- I don't have much of an eye for it.  Kim

www.marlia.com

Vintage

The car did not sell , it went up on Sat. (in the rain) . So it came back to the shop Thurs night. It will be going to Florida in a couple of weeks.As for options and more pics I will try to get some more now that we have some time with the car done.

Khyron

Quote from: Vintage on January 27, 2007, 10:23:06 PM
The car did not sell , it went up on Sat. (in the rain) . So it came back to the shop Thurs night. It will be going to Florida in a couple of weeks.As for options and more pics I will try to get some more now that we have some time with the car done.

George!

Ladys and gentalman, one of the people behind the restoration!

I'll swing by the garage when I get a chance, you can tell me the story :)

sorry it didn't sell though :(

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

AZ-Nick

Quote from: Vintage on January 27, 2007, 10:23:06 PM

Did it not sell because of the reserve was not met or was it other issues, and if it was the reserve, what was the amount?
Nick's Classic Parts
http://www.nicksclassicparts.com

Vintage

The reserve was not met. The owner had 4 cars there only one sold, A 67 GT500 E (Eleanor Mustang). His 71 6bbl Cuda ,the Hemi Charger,and another mustang did not sell.The Charger was bid to 210,000 .Not bad for a Hemi B body but not quite enough,it will go to Florida with the others.The car is a very nice 41k original mile matching #s car I hope he does well with it..

last426

Quote from: Vintage on January 28, 2007, 04:57:27 PM
The Charger was bid to 210,000 .Not bad for a Hemi B body but not quite enough,it will go to Florida with the others.The car is a very nice 41k original mile matching #s car I hope he does well with it..

At the time your car was for sale there were 2 other 71 hemi chargers for sale on eBay.  I would have taken the 210,000, fwiw.  Kim

Hey, to see the type car we are posting about, go to www.marlia.com 

Vintage

It's not my car, our shop restored it (in 8 weeks) for the owner.It's his deal what he sells it for.The car is nice ,it's real,it's matching#s with 3 build sheets.He's got someone looking at it this week and if it doesn't go it will be off to Florida.Personally I think 210k is a bunch of money for a charger anything, when you consider a 69 GTX hemi conv. selling for around 180k.I'm in the GTX any day over the Charger...

Khyron

I never posted any compleated pics, so I took some today.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

a few more

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Irisharse

Is the hood spring in front supposed to be body color? ???

evil1

How about a nice 3/4 shot for wallpaper? ;D that is a beautiful car!

Khyron

Quote from: evil1 on February 01, 2007, 10:12:34 PM

I took those in the trailer, as soon as it's out i'll hook you up :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

evil1

Quote from: Khyron on February 01, 2007, 10:46:31 PM
Quote from: evil1 on February 01, 2007, 10:12:34 PM

I took those in the trailer, as soon as it's out i'll hook you up :D

cool,  gy9 is 1 of my favorite colors for a 71

last426

Great job on the car.  I am still not sure what the rear light bezels are supposed to look like.  Mine have some black on them. Visit me on the ever changing www.marlia.com  Kim

Doright

210k no sale?      WOW!
I dunno if I would have sold or not... :scratchchin:
Its my dream car
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more