News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

thought I would share. 71 Hemi Charger. *UPDATED PICS*

Started by Khyron, November 17, 2006, 10:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

yes, thats it, gold poly, but it does look green, even in person :shrug:

but it has a gold metal flake look to it. I was going to get to the garage tonight, but my wife is running late so I may not get out on time. I promise I will get down tomorrow and get the Fender Tag info for everyone.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

AZ-Nick

yes Tawny Gold looks Green and then will look Gold under different light.
And yes it looks like it has flakes in the paint.
Here is a picture of my 71 GTX that is still wearing the original GY9 Tawny Gold Paint on it.

the first pic was what it looked like when I brought her home......

Nick's Classic Parts
http://www.nicksclassicparts.com

Goldfinger71

Not that anyone cares :yesnod: :angel: but GY9 is actually called Dark Gold Metallic in the Dodge camp and Tawny Gold in the Plymouth camp...................
But hey,call it what you will it's a free country!
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

here she is :) decode till your heart is content ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger_Fan

Huh...looks like there's some numbers stamped vertically, by that right screw. :scope: That's odd.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

i think i see the virgin mary by the other screw  :scope:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

road/track

I guess I need professional help :image_294343: when I can't read a fender tag like that without shiver of excitement! 
-1971 Charger SE U-code 4spd track pack, one of 29...
-1971 Charger R/T 440 6 pack auto
-1961 Chrysler 300G CV, one of 337
-2014 BMW 435i M-sport

last426

Is this the rusted away green one from Florida that sold on eBay for 25k about 2-3 years ago?  I might still have pics of that one -- wow is all I can say.  Kim

Khyron

No, this was a fairly solid one purchased in NYC. It was silver and blue striped. Had the wrong doors on it as well, but it's all good now. I have some more Pics of the Hemi and everything still out the car, but I want to wait till it's in the car before I post that up.

The body is like a mirror  :o

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

derailed

Looks like one hell of a straight car. Im sure you saw the bird he had parked out there the last few days. i would love to know whats going on with the 64 goat over there. It was over to Charlies for awhile.

Khyron

Quote from: derailed on January 08, 2007, 04:42:54 PM
Looks like one hell of a straight car. Im sure you saw the bird he had parked out there the last few days. i would love to know whats going on with the 64 goat over there. It was over to Charlies for awhile.

you mean this?

The GTO belongs to George, he's one of the owners of the garage, it's due for a restoration when he gets a chance, but who knows, shake enough money at him it may be for sale ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Hemidoug

Thaks for the pic of the data tag. I was supprised that there are not that many options. By the looks of things, it will be a very nice car when completed. Please keep posting pictures as it goes along. Does he have the build sheet along with it?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 08, 2007, 03:50:31 PM
Are you sure it's ok to be saying "screw" and "Virgin Mary" in the same sentence? :scratchchin:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

vert

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on January 07, 2007, 10:33:49 PM
Not that anyone cares :yesnod: :angel: but GY9 is actually called Dark Gold Metallic in the Dodge camp and Tawny Gold in the Plymouth camp...................
But hey,call it what you will it's a free country!
I like it, but prefer Tawny Kitaen

71 RT

Very nice, please post some more pictures when you get a chance.  Not many 3rd gen folks out here, we need as much information as possible. 

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 08, 2007, 07:05:28 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on January 08, 2007, 03:50:31 PM
Are you sure it's ok to be saying "screw" and "Virgin Mary" in the same sentence? :scratchchin:

Its OK for me........ i'm catholic... :icon_smile_big:       (whoops, cant say anything about religion :slap:)
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

Not many 3rd gen folks here?  Are you kidding me?  You guys have been overwhelming the site lately.  ;)

Magnumcharger

At first, I was thinking (hoping) that this was the 1971 Hemi Charger R/T that got toasted in that garage fire a few months ago.
It looks very nice by the way!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Khyron

O.k. Gents! here is the Motor. I was there the other night and snapped off a few pics before it went in, then some when it went it.

These guys are cooking!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

The Garage Mascot "Badass Ben" and more Charger Pics  :icon_smile_big:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

konigcharger

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 08, 2007, 06:46:38 PM
Thaks for the pic of the data tag. I was supprised that there are not that many options. By the looks of things, it will be a very nice car when completed. Please keep posting pictures as it goes along. Does he have the build sheet along with it?

its a lynch rd car

they didn't put many options on the tag

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Khyron

O.k. guys, these are the last Pics. There was a few last min things that needed to be done before it got hauled away to the B-J Auction. Watch for it on the TV :D

I will hopefully get some finished Pics to post as well.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

some Hemi and Undercarage shots.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.