News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can you say rare?

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, November 17, 2006, 03:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver68RT

Man, I love that F6 green and white top / stripe combo!  That's going to be a sharp looking car when it's done.  I wish I had the money to go after this one.

Doug
Silver68RT

ChargerSG

Wouldent mind having that one ;D
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

TruckDriver

The price is too Halpgish though.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Hemidoug

Nice car, but I think 30k is way too much for it in that shape. You would need to put 30-40K into it to make it right. I think somewhare around 15K would be the right price for that one....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

rt green

third string oil changer

Nacho-RT74

not my fav color combo, but yes my dreams car
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

I didn't know that Nacho.  I thought you were all about the 3rd gens.

Mean 318

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Ghoste on November 17, 2006, 02:18:59 PM
I didn't know that Nacho.  I thought you were all about the 3rd gens.

you would say NO to a candy ?

I like all 66 to 74 Chargers, 3rd gen 74 is my fav, 2nd gen 69 is my fav, 1st gen 67 is my fav because the extra trim options ( vinyl top available ). But talking about all gens together, of course 69 is my fav.

Quote from: Mean 318 on November 17, 2006, 11:07:51 PM
rare... yep, I can say it! ;)

I was to say that joke too, but I have done several times :P
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

OldGuy

It isn't $30,000 rare in that condition ::)
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

6pkrunner

Someone on another board has called the Mopar hobby incorrect terminology and that Mopar business is closer. Seeing that at $30,000 with reserve not met, just solidifies that notion. Sure its rare - but why? The color combo wasn't highly sought after in 1969.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Hemidoug on November 17, 2006, 08:48:28 AM
Nice car, but I think 30k is way too much for it in that shape. You would need to put 30-40K into it to make it right. I think somewhare around 15K would be the right price for that one....
Red Kilby has been offered in excess of 100k for his Roof R/T SE...  If it had a 40k resto, selling woudl bring 30k at that point...  Allbiet the color is different...  I think it'd look GOOD. (of course w/ an interior color change to black)...

Ghoste

Of course Red's car is perfect with a few other options and it's a media star with books, magazine articles, and calenders all singing it's praises.
BTW, has Red ever mentioned it in one of his songs?

THE CHARGER PUNK

personally i think f6 green with dark green interior might look good-MATT

BigBlockSam

QuoteNice car, but I think 30k is way too much for it in that shape 
:iagree:

that car needs lotsa work and money to get it rite. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Lord Warlock

wow, amazing folks even think cars with a rare option are worth tons, regardless of condition.  As interesting as a sunroof charger is, that single option doesn't double the value of the car.  That car looks like trash compared to my own rtse.  And at least my motor is in the engine bay and runs.  (and my fender tag is longer)
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

375instroke

Sunroof doubles the price?  Does lack of the original motor cut it in half again?

Joshua

Something about a sunroof on a Charger makes me want to throw up...... :sick: Factory or not.....

BigBlockSam

every sunroof i ever had leaked . thats why i don't want a sunroof charger . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

None of my sunroof cars leaked.

I tried to buy this Charger that was on Ebay almost 2 years ago, maybe even 3 years ago. It was around the time I bought my 500. I had offered him $20K at the time, and he told me he wouldn't ever sell the car. He was trying to sell a HEMI RR, and a HEMI Superbee i believe. both were project cars.

Lord Warlock

I've never had problems with factory sunroof cars, its the aftermarket ones that I've always heard experienced leaking problems.  However, I've heard about lots of T-tops that leaked from the factory, I've also owned convertibles that leaked pretty bad on the sides. 

This guy is dreaming, thinking the car is worth a ton.  My car even has the factory right hand side mirror, 6 way seat, disc brakes and a/c ...coded on the build sheet too.  While it is possible that a fully assembled original survivor car would probably be worth what he's asking, or even one with a replacement (correct date coded) motor.  But he is trying to push a rolling chassis, with a bunch of parts, and as it sits you can't even tell if it is all there.  I really don't think a numbers matching motor is a hard and fast requirement to pull the decent prices on rare cars.  It makes it more likely, but you do see plenty of high dollar cars with non matching motors.

I wouldn't pay 30k or higher for a hemi rolling chassis in this condition.  Sure it would be worth the time and investment to restore eventually, but that is a ton of work to do. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

bull

It sold with one bid for $30k. I would have sold it for $30k too.

Lord Warlock

Actually, it says the reserve was not met at the single 30k bid.  So it probably didn't sell.  Although it should have.