News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3D Charger

Started by garethgeezer, November 16, 2006, 04:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave22443

When your doing the DMCL Charger, don't forget the cheap clip on CB antenna on the passenger side.  :icon_smile_wink:

I'm glad to see that you haven't quit.  Your work is truely amazing.  When your ready to do a '68 version, let me know and I'll send you any pics you want.  Just make it a yellow R/T with with a black top, tail stripe and really wide rear tires  :icon_smile_big:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Lowprofile

Love that 69' Pro Street!  Makes a great screen saver/wallpaper! :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

garethgeezer

Quote from: Lowprofile on January 18, 2007, 07:57:44 PM
Love that 69' Pro Street!  Makes a great screen saver/wallpaper! :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :D

Thanks! Glad you like it, here are some more renders of that version (since doing these I have tweaked the front a little bit based on ChargerST's comments).
The DMCL version is nearly done now, so as soon as I have some images I'll post them :)

Khyron

Quote from: garethgeezer on January 23, 2007, 09:41:10 AM

The DMCL version is nearly done now, so as soon as I have some images I'll post them :)

sweet!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger Aficionado

As a Charger Lover, I'm AMAZED.  Truly awesome artwork! 

Along with all true owners I see some small things that are not perfect, but most notable on the GL is the washer jar (too THICK from top to bottom).

I posted pix at the GL fansite and someone asked who owned it (the GL):
http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?p=123402#123402

FastbackJon

That is crazy impressive! The shot from the rear looks like a real photograph!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

garethgeezer

Ok, here ya go - the DMCL Charger :)
This is my first attempt, I haven't seen the film so there may be things that are wrong, like the roll bar (I used the roll bar from the General Lee version), the CB aerial probably isn't correct, the colour is tough to get right, maybe the tyres are wrong etc etc. Feel free to make comments. Hope you like it.

tan top

:scope: :bow: :bow:  ( garethgeezer )  your work is simply awesome , you Dman :yesnod: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

For not seeing the movie, you've come pretty damned close!  The only things I notice, are that the antenna they had sticking out the window was much shorter, maybe a foot long?  Technically, the roll bar was only in the 68 "stunt" car and you didn't see it in the 69 shots.
Awesome work!

THE CHARGER PUNK

HOLY SMOKES THATS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :yesnod: all i say that needs changin(not much if anything) is no roll bar,make the wheel well trim silver(you can see it body painted now_ and make the cb shorter and thats dead on, those 3d things u do are better then actual chargers :icon_smile_big:

FastbackJon

I'm amazed again!!

:o   :o    :o

Very nice!! I agree with the removal of the roll bar. The only other thing I didn't think were spot on were the wheels. Those are slotted wheels on the model, but the slots themselves don't have any depth to them. They should look more like this image (without the spinner center cap). And I believe the rears should be a tad wider than the front. Maybe 15x7 or 15x8 on the front and 15x10 on the rear.

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Arthu®

Awesome work! Did they paint over the wheel well mouldings in the movie as well? Because you have removed them on the GL but painted them body color on the DMCL.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Charger Aficionado

Someone buy this guy a DRINK! 

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

pettyfan43

OK I have to say, MAN those are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have GOT to show these to my students. I am an instructor at a Career college in AutoCAD. We have just started 3d.

These are INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Fantastic work!

The DMCL Charger is my favorite TV/Movie car EVER! I LOVE that CAR!!!!!!!

THE CHARGER PUNK

heres an idea DO THE PETTY SUPERBIRD :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

Troy

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on January 28, 2007, 06:04:17 PM
heres an idea DO THE PETTY SUPERBIRD :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:
Uuuhhhhhh.... he's got over a year and a half tied up in creating a Charger model so making any sort of Superbird is a lot more effort than a color change. I could imagine a 68 or 70 Charger, a 500, or possibly a Daytona based on the current model. I have a similar problem at work where people think you can add features to software just by poking the (apparently) "magic" button.  :eyes:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Khyron

:nana:

ohh common, you knew I was going to do it ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Polygon

Beautiful

I mean BEAUTIFUL
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

Hemidog

DAMN! you've got some computer skills! Great work!  :2thumbs:

FastbackJon

I think a '69 Charger 500 would be the next logical step. Change the grille, rear window area, chrome the A-pillars, and modify the tail panel emblems.

http://www.musclecarcalendar.com/CarShows2004/LasVegasMopar/MoparsP6.htm

Arkgl01

your work is truely awesome! Keep it up!
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

FastbackJon

THE COLONEL

This is the first time I have seen this thread........AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT!!!!!!! :o :o

That is the best work I have seen with 3D anything. :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  Now, it's time to look at them again!!! :yesnod:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

garethgeezer

A friend of mine said I should do a render of my 3D Charger model so that it looks like the diecast model on my desk. It's a 1:18 Muscle Machines model of, ahem, one of those Chevy things, but it's the style that is important here. The Muscle Machines models have huge blower and rear tyres etc, very 'cartoony', so here is my 3D version. The detail is intentionally low, there is no floor, the windows are blacked out coz that's what they are like on the diecast models, there is no interior, the tyre don't have any tread etc etc but I don't care as I just wanted to get 'the look'.
Hope you like it, sorry if you don't! :)