News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3D Charger

Started by garethgeezer, November 16, 2006, 04:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Pretty cool work, really amazing detail! :thumbs:

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on November 22, 2006, 01:23:54 PM
The quarter panel R/T emblems need to be bigger though & no stickers on the doors for a 69 :nono:

:cheers:
:iagree: That door sticker's more of a '70 item. Also, make the gas pedal shorter & a tad more narrow...hmmm, brake pedal too. ;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

FastbackJon

So it looks fantastic as a computer model. But what the heck can you do with a computer model? You can't drive it. So is it just for looks?
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

garethgeezer

Quote from: FastbackJon on December 06, 2006, 05:03:58 PMwhat the heck can you do with a computer model? You can't drive it. So is it just for looks?

It's just a hobby really, making the model has taught me a lot about the software which I use for work, so it has helped in that way. But for me the fun is getting to the point where I start rendering it, seeing what it looks like, trying to make it look real. I live in the UK and the closest I'll ever get to a Charger is looking at one at a car show, so this is just for fun coz I love Chargers. I've had lots of real cars, I built a Pro Street car several years ago with 9", 14x15's etc etc, but now that I have kids I've stopped playing with cars, bought a wagon and settled down, so my 'virtual' workshop is all I have right now :)

BigBlackDodge

Awesome! :o

Now lets see whats under the bonnet! ;D

BBD

Lostsheep_01

Brilliant! That is amazing!
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

garethgeezer

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on December 07, 2006, 10:20:53 PMNow lets see whats under the bonnet! ;D

Ok, here it is. I know the engine isn't 100% accurate, but hopefully it looks ok from a distance. It's all done from photos as I don't have access to a real Charger :(

Charger-Bodie

you need to get those fender bollts painted body color , thats one of my biggest peeves on a real car ,it is very cool what you are doing though !
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BigBlackDodge

Awesome! :o

Now draw up a key so we can take it for a ride! :yesnod:

BBD

Dave22443

Well, aside from the aformentioned bolt colours and the hood pad being a little off (on a real pad I don't think you would see the underside hood lines), the most obvious thing I see missing under the hood is DIRT!  Real Chargers have dirty engines (because real Chargers get driven - a LOT)

The attention to detail on this model is mind blowing.  To think that you created this based solely on pictures (many of which were provided by members of this board) is beyond amazing.  There are no words to describe it.

I salute you!   :cheers:

(We need a clapping smiley)

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Brock Samson

you forgot the little gold pentastar that is only on the pass side,..   :icon_smile_evil:

lol

and ya need that front bumpers rear edge and grills lower lip to be contured slightly..
                                                            :rotz:
& he's right,.. aint no valve cover that shiney.

FastbackJon

Wondering if he can do a low angle night shot (low light) from the rear or rear 3/4 with the taillights on...
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Khyron

Quote from: Dave22443 on December 08, 2006, 02:03:47 PM

I salute you!   :cheers:

(We need a clapping smiley)

here ya go, maybe Troy can add it

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

garethgeezer

Quote from: FastbackJon on December 08, 2006, 04:11:38 PM
Wondering if he can do a low angle night shot (low light) from the rear or rear 3/4 with the taillights on...
I'll try, but it might not look like the real thing. I have lights in there set up so can turn them on but I just haven't tried it yet on the full model. Next time I'm rendering I'll give it a go (I have to sort out that bumper first, add the pentastar etc etc.....). Oh man, I knew if I showed it to you guys I'd never finish it :)

garethgeezer

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all you lucky Charger owners.. and thanks for your comments about my 3d Charger. I know it's still not 100%, but I've got to stop working on it at some point, so here are the last renders of it.

garethgeezer

And a few more, that's it from me!

Best wishes from me here in England, UK :)

BigBlackDodge

Awesome! Simply awesome!

These can't be the last! What about the '68's and '70's! We also need the '66's and '67's! Don't forget the third Gen's too!

:nana:

BBD

Dave22443

Absolutely amazing work.  Absolutely amazing.   :2thumbs:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Magnumcharger

Beautiful....simply fantastic!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Khyron

look great!

You did a General before the Dirty mary car, but i'll forgive you  :2thumbs:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

FastbackJon

:o

Just caught up with this thread and can't believe my eyes! Those pics/renders are awesome! I'd love to see the DMCL Charger as well!

garethgeezer

Quote from: FastbackJon on January 08, 2007, 07:06:04 PMI'd love to see the DMCL Charger as well!
It's coming, I just made a start on that version. I got the wheels done, the stripe is almost there too so here's what I got so far (the colour isn't final). I don't know the car and I've never seen the film, but hopefully it'll be reasonably accurate when it's done.
And there's also another render which shows the car on a background photo.

ChargerST

Awesome pictures!

But there are a few things that don't look 100% accurate to me - I marked them in the picture.
This is no criticism - just some help to build the perfect Charger model  :icon_smile_cool:

Steve

Arthu®

You really do awesome work :2thumbs: truely the best 3d Charger I have ever seen

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

towman

that is awesome thank you for the general lee pic's

THE CHARGER PUNK

Man i gotta learn how to do those things on the computer, that is an amaszing skill :yesnod:, also the DMCl charger had a black interior, keep up the good work-MATT