News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3D Charger

Started by garethgeezer, November 16, 2006, 04:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

please please please do the DMCL Charger :D :D :D  please ohhh please :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Drache

het garethgeezer, I sent you a PM!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

Quote from: Khyron on November 20, 2006, 03:37:01 PM
please please please do the DMCL Charger :D :D :D  please ohhh please :D

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Nacho-RT74

just add SE package and sunroof and will be my dreams car ( if A/C equipped )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

THE CHARGER PUNK

Awesome job!!!!,Yes do the Dirty Mary Crazy Larry car!!!! :icon_smile_big:

AZ-Nick

Quote from: AZ-Nick on November 20, 2006, 11:38:40 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on November 16, 2006, 07:44:26 PM
does look abit like mine,.. nice!

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw yours Brock, but this 3D version put me in AWE land.....
It also looks like my 69, here is a pic of mine in 69 just after I bought it...... I am speechless at the superb quality of the 3D Model you did, my hat is off to you.....
Nick's Classic Parts
http://www.nicksclassicparts.com

Zentelis

:o :o That detail is absolutely phenomenal! Whatever your company is paying you, they're not paying you enough!

Arkgl01

those are awesome! can you do more? I personally would love to see a general lee that detailed! But the blue one..no the black one..no the blue one. I dunno witch one I like better they both ROCK!
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

Dave68RT

Those are awesome! So much detail I love it. Someone rendered my car for a computer game but I never got to play it. Here are a few pics (no where near the quality of yours)

Keep up the good work dude!

'68 Charger R/T

bull

Awesome work! Is it me or does the whole thing look too short? That black one with the door open makes it look like the car needs to be stretched out shorter and longer.

garethgeezer

Thanks for all the comments.
The model might have the wrong proportions, it is difficult to get it 100%. I did this side comparison along the way to see if it lined up ok but maybe it's too wide, I don't know. I tried my best but without the real thing I can never be sure it's correct.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thats totally nuts!  Its even got the reflection in the bumper where the bumper guards bolt to.

The quarter panel R/T emblems need to be bigger though & no stickers on the doors for a 69 :nono:

:cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

FastbackJon

Gorgeous. Let's see citron yella!

;D

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: garethgeezer on November 20, 2006, 03:28:16 PM
Just finished this new view, triple-black 'stripe deleted'. Thought you might like to see it :)

I love this picture but truth be told it's not a "triple black" car. Damn nice though and I would love to see it with black interior.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Khyron

Quote from: FastbackJon on November 25, 2006, 10:13:28 PM
Gorgeous. Let's see citron yella!

;D

yes, please please please  :icon_smile_big:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

dodgecharger-fan

Absolutely amazing work!

Magnumcharger

First off....I applaude your efforts. Truely, you display the kind of imaging talent I aspire to attain.
I've followed the construction of this image on the CG cars site, and have noticed your request for critiquing, so in that spirit, I submit these for your interest.

For the most part, your representation is quite accurate. But if I might be so bold, I'm offering a small critique on just a couple of details in your rendering(s).
1. The leading edge of the hood (bonnet) as you have depicted it is absolutely of the wrong contour. There is no gradual slope to the grille, but a curved radius. (See altered image)
2. The "Dog-dish" hubcaps are deeper in section than you have drawn. (Again, see my correction to your rendering).
3. The plastic side reflectors are quite a bit smaller in height than what you've depicted, but the pot metal housing it sits in looks correct.
(Look at my modification).

That's my two cents worth!
Keep up the good work!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

garethgeezer

Thanks man, your crits are very useful to me. I figured if I was brave enough to post it in front of those that actually own the car I'd get some comments about accuracy, so I will have a look at my model and change the bits that have been mentioned so far.
Thanks for looking :)

Dave22443

How hard would it be for you to do a '68 model?   :icon_smile_big:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Khyron

Quote from: Dave22443 on December 05, 2006, 09:59:21 PM
How hard would it be for you to do a '68 model?   :icon_smile_big:

not hard, All he has to do is click "tools" and select "remove style"  :lol:

ohhhhhhhhhhhh! thanks, i'll be here all night....

try the veal  :icon_smile_big:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Todd Wilson

What software do you use to do this? What type of machine? How long does it take?   I used to dabble some in 3d graphics on the old Commodore Amiga back in the last century. It could take the old Amiga a week to render some fancy 3d models or animations.

Todd

71bee

:eek:  dude......that's freakin' beautiful. sure wish that I could find that sort of creative talent when I get bored.  :2thumbs: