News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 owners, what's that square panel on your dash cluster?

Started by AKcharger, November 16, 2006, 06:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

You know, the one below and to the right of the speedometer right above the steering colum?

smasherofall

it's where the rear window defogger switch would be if you had it

John_Kunkel

Mine had the rear speaker and reverberator control switch.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

AKcharger

hmmmmm, I've NEVER seen it used and I've looked over at least 50 '68's

Thanks

Ghoste

There was thread on here at one time with some pics of the 68 dash with a switch in that location but I've long forgotten what the thread was.

terrible one

I have seen a couple or three Ebay '68s that had the defrost switch. My delete plate is missing  :'(

8WHEELER

Not a very good picture, but this is an original rear defrost switch and plate, they repop the plate now.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

charger490

my car has it and i have a trunk opener that works on a vacume switch.i have an extra one too charger490

terrible one

Quote from: charger490 on November 23, 2006, 06:36:39 PM
my car has it and i have a trunk opener that works on a vacume switch.i have an extra one too charger490

Wow, I've never seen that before. Is that factory?

8WHEELER

I have been putting off buying a vacuum unit, just easier to run a couple wires instead of hoses.

All of the trunk releases I have seen that were factory were in the glove box.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

charger490

the trunk opener was on the car when i bought it.2nd owner so i am not sure if it was factory.the switch does say trunk on it.charger490

Ghoste

I didn't know a trunk opener was available on a B-body back then.

smokinrt

Quote from: Ghoste on November 25, 2006, 09:04:53 PM
I didn't know a trunk opener was available on a B-body back then.
Yes, the 69 rt has vaccum trunk opener as an option.  I've never seen one, except in the restore book.
have a great one