News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I FOUND HER....

Started by Steve P., August 28, 2005, 08:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Right now I am so happy I could just run up the side of a tall building!!!!

Many of you know I have been trying for years to find my original 1965' Coronet 500.. I have been all over the WWW posting and asking for help..

Well last night I checked my e-mail.. I had a one line note from someone that I don't know.

It read:  Get a hold of Eric. I believe he has your old car..  (addy.)

As I have had many of these before I was not getting my hopes up.. I sent out an e-mail to Eric..

This morning I check my mail and as sure as having itchy balls while insulating your attic, I read, YUP I HAVE YOUR OLD CAR.....

Not only does he still have it... He told me where we were when I sold it to him.... BUT then he tells me that he also now lives in FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WAAAAHOOOOO!!!!

A quick check on Mapquest and I find out he is only 187 miles from me..... 
We are going to set up a time for my wife and I to go see the old girl and tell eachother lies..

I am soooooo happy that  "THE OTHER WOMAN" is still alive and well and even close by...

When you guys talk about selling your cars that have meant so much to you,, well,, I sort of die a little... The old pile of iron was such a big part of my life, I just can't explain....

For those of you that are looking for your old girls, don't give up.. This is such a great feeling..... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

that's great man!
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S  ! ! ! ! !   :icon_smile:

Steve P.

Thanks Strat.. I just cannot stop smiling!!!!    :icon_smile_tongue:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

PocketThunder

Are you gonna buy it back?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

firefighter3931

So cool Steve....make sure to snap off a couple of pics and leave a deposit...just in case he ever sells. I'm sure she'll end up in your posession some day.   ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Steve P.

Thanks guys.. I just got an e-mail back from the guy that sent me the addy. to my car. He said he read my story on the 62-65 Mopar site.. I have to get in touch with BK and thank him for all his help..

By the way, for those who remember the T-Shirts being sold on E-Bay, ("THE OTHER WOMAN", that was BK...

Man do I owe him a beer!!!

Rest assured, I have alllllllready let ERIC know that I want it back if he ever decides to sell her... Also you can bet the pony that I will take plenty of pics.. All the pics. I had were lost when the moving company that moved our stuff to Florida had a wreck.. We never did recover a few boxes.. Along with the pics. was the name of the owner and the vin#...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

694spdRT

That is great news! Nice to hear a happy ending every now and then.  :cheers:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Chargerguy74

Awsome. I've been there myself, slightly different story though.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

That's awesome. I'd like to find my old red '70 Charger someday. I did  a little digging once but nothing turned up.

Steve P.

I got allot of help from BK on the 62-65 Mopar site.. Maybe you could find a CHARGER site that could HELP!!!!! :shruggy:  Hahaha....

Damn, I am a happy camper tonight!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Wakko

That's so cool...can't wait to see how it looks.  Hopefully he'll sell it back to you sometime.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Steve P.

:iagree:  Wouldn't that be fantastic???? ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Chryco Psycho

41husk

Congratulations!  Are you still planning to move away from Florida?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

MoparYoungGun

Telvis

It just goes to show persistence pay off. That and a bit of luck! Congratulations! I hope you end up getting her back.

Steve P.

Quote from: 41husk on August 29, 2005, 10:00:06 AM
Congratulations!   Are you still planning to move away from Florida?

WELL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   It's still very much up in the air.. My workers comp. company is trying very hard to force me to take a settlement. If they were to make a decent offer I might entertain it.. They are just doing everything they can to make my life miserable as they can..

I'm sure the house I wanted to buy in Rochester is gone by now..   I'm not sure but I haven't heard from the Realtor in a few weeks.. Finding doctors up there is a huge pain in the butt.. Comp will NOT let you start with one and move to another.. At least not without a huge fight!!

It's hard to make a move like this when everything is good.. Try having to deal with an insurance company on top of it all....    It sucks!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

694spdRT

How many years has it been since you sold it anyway?
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Steve P.

I sold her back in 86'.. Long story short, my shop was being shut down by the town it was in and I needed the money to fight town hall..  The entire thing was ridiculous and hurt only me and my family..

The pisser is that after giving up my baby and losing ALLOT of money for more than a year, I lost and went to work for a buddy.. Two weeks later my wife opened the mailbox and the rotten f_____g town granted me a variance...  I was fit to tied!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Shakey

I'd sure like to find my old Daytona as I know there is a piece of hash somewhere under the back seat!  ;D

Seriously, congrats on finding the old girl.  Hopefully she has been taken care of.

Charger_Fan

That's awesome news, Steve!!
Congratulations!

Can't wait for the pics...and there had better be one of your grinning wall-walking face in the driver's seat! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger4404spd

Congrats Steve, I know how excited you are. I sold my 69 back when I was 17, that was in oh '86-'87, the guy wrecked it the week he got it. Well, last year I finally tracked it down less than an hour from me. It has been setting in the same spot sinse he wrecked it. The title is still in my Moms name, the performance stickers I had put on the windows are still on it. Man it was like walking back in time. Unfortunely, the old guy want sell it back to me yet. He's one of those that keeps saying, "Oh....Im gonna fix that thing one day!"