News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Updated pics - She's got paint !!

Started by Pistolpete, December 20, 2006, 09:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistolpete

Hey Gang,

Just thought you might appreciate some updated pics of my 69 RT (Claudia) she's finally got some paint!

The colour is Go ManGo, the lighting in these pics isn't that great but it really "pops" in the sun! Anyway I think it turned out awesome - Body is DEAD STRAIGHT and the paint looks awesome IMHO - and this is before being cut and polished!!

BTW - does anyone know the history of this paint colour? I know its on the "new" charger but when was it first used by Dodge?

Thx
Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

andy74

Lostsheep_01

69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

41husk

Great progress!  Keep up the good work.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

plum500

RT

Shakey

Looks good Pete!

Keep the progress pics comin'!

Blown70

OttawaCharger

Looks real good!   :yesnod:
"Go Mango" is paint code K2 also known as "Vitamin C " and originally came out in 1970
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

tan top

nice ,        :thumbs:                 what color interior / stripe
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger_Fan

It looks a lot like burnt orange in those pics, but I'm guessing i gets more orange in the sun?

Congrats to you, I'm envious of your new paint job. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Pistolpete

Thanks guys,
She'll be tan interior with a black RT stripe.
Engine is done,
Interior is almost ready (anythng that can be done prior to finishing the paint)
chrome is done
grille is getting restored by Gcar
instrument cluster and hell even the radio have been completely restored by pro's

Here's hoping for a spring fire up !!!!
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Neal_J

Looks so good I'm sporting wood...

:icon_smile_cool:

Neal

bookedbydano

Looks great!!!  Seeing it come to life is the best part!!!!!!

69chargerboy

My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Charger41971

Very nice!  :drool5:  When you finally turn the key, all the hard work will be worth it.  :thumbs: :drive:

Tim
'71 Charger McCandless-built 383/727/3.55 SG (sons)
'06 2500 CTD

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi-hampton

As far as I know Go Mango is a mid year 1969 color & a solid color with no Metallics. Looks like your car had Metallics, Your car did not look Go Mango but more like FK5 Burnt Orange Metallic. Looks good though. LEON. ;)

Charger-Bodie

youre car is the modern go mango ? correct? ....the go mango of the past was also metalic but very very faint but completely differant from what you have looks cool !!!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Blakcharger440

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 20, 2006, 02:32:08 PM
It looks a lot like burnt orange in those pics, but I'm guessing i gets more orange in the sun?

Congrats to you, I'm envious of your new paint job. ;D

I thought it looked like burnt orange also. That is gonna be real nice!  :icon_smile_tongue:

hemi-hampton

Hemi Orange has a slight metallic But I dont think the Go Mango did, BUT, been awhile since I've sprayed go mango, It's possible. LEON.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 20, 2006, 09:15:57 PM
Hemi Orange has a slight metallic But I dont think the Go Mango did, BUT, been awhile since I've sprayed go mango, It's possible. LEON.

just sprayed it a month ago it has a very fine metalic in it
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Pistolpete

you are correct sir! the colour is the current Go ManGo so there is definitely a fair amount of metallic in it, there was a couple of other colours that were closer to the copper I wanted but in the end I thought it was best to keep it a Dodge colour even if it is a modernized version.

Thanks for the props, I'll keep the updates coming as she gets closer.
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Pistolpete

PS.......I think the second pic shows what happens when decent light hits this colour - it really comes alive!!
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd