News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

not so good Mopar night!!!!

Started by 41husk, November 15, 2006, 12:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

Well I guess you could say last night did not go as I had planned.  I bought a 74 Se Charger for parts and it has been in the garage at the Mopad, with wrestling season starting I have barely even started getting this thing taken apart.  My buddy is the auto teacher here at the high school, we are partners on a trailor and he has the 73 RR I am thinking about getting.  Anyway, he says why don,t you take the RR to the mopad, store it in the garage and trailor the Charger to the school.  That would give the Charger a spot with out having to store the RR outside.  The kids could then disassemble the charger as a lesson and any scrap not used from the car they would take to the scrap metal yard and use the $ for shop supplys etc.  This sounds real good to me so after wrestling practice I have a few wrestlers meet me by the auto shop to make the swap.  We get the trailor hitched up to my car and I have one of the wrestlers drive my truck and I take the RR.  (We cant get the RR on the trailor because the back tires are to wide)  The mopad is about 7 miles from the school so no big deal, right?  Well on the way over the lights on the RR are going on and off, lights are really overated, unless you want to see were your going.  Not a big problem I get there Ok, but the kid in my truck, that I thought was right behind me, is no were to be seen.  About 10 minutes later he shows up and says coach the wheel fell off in the middle of the road!  Well, I am not real concerned I have lots of lug nuts in the garage.  Oh Oh!  the lug nuts are not the problem the entire assembly is off it appears the kids in auto replaced the wheel bearings and did not replace the castle nut or cotter pin or both.  I decide we will not move the charger missing 1 of 4 wheels.  I will just pull the RR up to the front of the garage and we can pull the trailor in tongue end first by hand so no one can take the trailor w/o moving it.  I get in the RR to pull it in and guess what, Dead battery,  we unhitch the trailor pull the truck around and jump the RR, move it in front of the garage door, remove the bettery to take back to the shop and have charged.  Next we get on the trailor, as we get it just situated to block all traffic on the street the other wheel on the driver side falls off.  We get a floor jack and after about 45 minutes of pullin adjusting and saying bad words in front of students we get the trailor in the drive way behind the RR.  2.5 hours of work, oh did I mention in the cold rain?  The charger is still at the mopad the RR is outside and I need to spend a bit more time fixing my trailor.  Other than that I had a great night :rotz:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

Blown70

WOW, a day to foget.... MAN.... you know if it was sunny none of that would have happened.

Tom

41husk

Yep Tom, and if my daddy wore a skirt he might be my momma  :icon_smile_big:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Todd Wilson

A bad night for sure but look at it the other way. The Mopar gods were watching over you. Might not have been much fun if the tire came off the trailer with the RR on it!

Todd

Shakey

41husk

thanks shakey, me too!  Thats what we told the auto class last hour,  They said they put the cotter keys in but didnt bend them :icon_smile_tongue: It's good to have someone else do your work but better to check that work prior to making any trips.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

NHCharger

Quote from: 41husk on November 15, 2006, 12:10:38 PM
  the lug nuts are not the problem the entire assembly is off it appears the kids in auto replaced the wheel bearings and did not replace the castle nut or cotter pin or both.

Looks like Jiffy Lube will have some new oil change pit monkeys in a few years.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlockSam

i luv when a plan comes together  :pity:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img