News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ran a new GT40 yesterday.

Started by NYCMille, August 29, 2005, 08:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Hey guys -

Had really cool experience on my way to our usual Sunday morning cruise-in on Long Island's south shore at about 7am. I was just coming off Southern State Pkwy (LI guys will know) getting onto Robert Moses Causeway when in my rear view mirror I see what I "think" is a new Ford GT40 - it gets a bit closer and I find I was right, absolutely stunning car. Anyway, he was coming up behind me pretty quickly, so I figured, "what the hell... let's see if he'll play"... I kicked out of overdrive and just laid into it... now, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I know my is car is pretty quick. I ran up to about 120mph, kick it back into OD and kept pulling... (also keep in mind no one else was on the road at the time), the car ran great and I can tell you that the car was DEAD stable with the new Hotchkis sway bar and tubular control arms (I really recommend these).

What happened was friggin' hilarious... he pulls up next to me, give me a thumbs-up and a smile, and then waves BUH BYE... Now, saying that he just pulled away from me would be the understatement of the year - HE LEFT ME FOR DEAD AT 120+... I have NEVER seen a car pull away so hard or so fast in my entire life and I am no stranger to fast cars. I just took my foot off the pedal and started cracking up. It was great. Apparently he was going to the same cruise-in I was going to and when I arrived he came right over to me when he saw me pull in. Turned out to be a super nice guy and wanted to know everything about the Charger - meanwhile I was drooling over his GT40. He was saying that our little "run" was the most fun he'd had in awhile and that he usually runs much "newer" cars and that it was the first time he'd ever seen a vintage muscle car run that hard against him. We had a nice conversation and I think he was just as impressed with my 37 year old Dodge as I was with his new Ford. I had a smile on my face all day long.

I'll tell ya', I want to say that I wouldn't think of ever selling my Charger, but man that new GT makes it VERY tempting.

Cheers - Mike

Mefirst

Cool story, but you forgot one thing :flame: -WHERE ARE THE PICS FROM THE CRUISE :brickwall:

:cheers:

/Tom

cudaken

Mike, to bad it was not a kill story, but against a GT 40, well what can you say. I got into it with a Porsche Tubro Whale Tail. (Can't spell Carrea right) What happen to you was pretty much my story. On the Interstate and saw him coming fast, jumped on the Road Runner and got her to 120 abd still pulling. Porsche pulled up to me, fave ne a nod, and then it was gone. I swear that sucker hit 165 the way he left me.

Glad he was a good guy, that make's it more of a win that a lost. Hum, think about getting a Viper and have at him again? ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back

MoparYoungGun

RD

thats a great story!  i felt like i was riding with you!  what a blast that must have been.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

NYCMille

I know, I know.... no pics... I'm sorry about that  :crazy: - I forgot my camera. The gentleman with the GT said he goes to this particular cruise all the time, so I know I will see him again. Honestly I am actually thinking of just buying a cheap digital camera and leaving it in the Charger since I always seem to miss out on getting some really good pics.