News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hemi drag boat

Started by deathcharger71, November 15, 2006, 05:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathcharger71

someone posted this on my jet boat forum, only 6500 for a decent looking jet boat with a hemi...and if it really runs 100+mph im guessing its putting out over 800 horsepower. i thought old hemi's alone were worth more than 6500 bucks  ???

http://sd.craigslist.org/boa/221753635.html

chargerrt

Man I'd love to rattle the windows at the marina with that.  If I had $6500 it would be in Florida with me ;D

Moparman01

Awww sweeeeeeeettt!!! At the lake i grew up on there used to be a classic flattie (flatbottom), ex circle course race boat that had a 392 Hemi in it! I got a ride in it once as a kid, was that ever fun, and fast!! The boat was called M-OO Dancing Bear, ran in the F-service class in the 60's and 70's, won many chapionships and set some speed records in its day, 96mph for it's class, man i loved that boat!! Haven't seen it in years, the owners where out of Florida and used to bring it up north in the summer for vintage shows and reggatas. I plan on keeping my Checkmate, but someday in the future i'm gonna look for either a flattbottom V-drive or jet boat to restore and build a BB Mopar for power!!

Drache

When I was a kid at the lake there were drag boats like that. They used to play this game where they would hook a 20 foot line attached to a innertube to the boat. The object of the game was to stay on the innertube as the dragon boat punched it to the nuts, went up to 60mph, and then slowly stopped. Needless to say I dont remember seeing very many hold on after the innitial "tug"!  :rotz:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

tecmopar

I wish you hadn't posted that, it reminds me of my boat racing days and now I can't resist, I'm gonna have to go find something to blast around the lake in.

deathcharger71

haha, i have a 16 foot jet boat myself....its no hemi but it has a 327 and gets to 60mph pretty damn fast. most jet boats are big block chevy, ford, olds....but ive seen a few with 440's, would love to eventually have a jet boat with a monster 440. v-drives are nice but theres nothin like having a diverter and spitting out a huge rooster tail  :icon_smile_big: that will get anyone off a tube real fast haha