News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back in the day pictures!

Started by 2fast4u, November 14, 2006, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

model maker

Is that 70 charger with a challenger hood real or photoshopped ? if it's real, i didn't know the challenger hood would fit. it looks good and bad at the same time.
MODEL MAKER

model maker

I just looked at it again and it is a challenger with a charger front end. The charger front end really dominates the appearance of the car.
MODEL MAKER

404NOTFOUND

Cool dealership pics. In the Peabody Motors pic second from the bottom, I gotta say I'm proud of my wife for spotting the '69 Charger parked on the street to the right of the signpost. :2thumbs:
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

moparfan53

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on February 05, 2012, 07:21:37 PM
I gotta say I'm proud of my wife for spotting the '69 Charger parked on the street to the right of the signpost. :2thumbs:

WOW!! She impressed me, you should be proud of her! I am a 69 Charger fan but I missed it. For sure she is a keeper!  :laugh: :2thumbs:

P.S. I like your signature line about the "Realistic Tribute"  :2thumbs:  I may start using it when I get asked that.

moparfan53

Here are some 1969 auto show pics. I believe they are from either the Chicago or Detroit one.
#1: This is a Super Bee that I assume was customized by/for Chrysler.   

moparfan53

#2: Notice in the background the Charger tan buckets mounted on a platform to be used as chairs.

Ghoste

moparfan53

#3: In the background, on the left is the custom Super Bee, on the right a sign that says "Pete Hamilton  NASCAR  Rookie of the Year", also a green Dart that looks to me to have a green mod top.

moparfan53

moparfan53

#5: Don't think this car needs any explanation.  :laugh:

moparfan53

#6: .... or this car.

moparfan53

#7: last one. Looks like a huge camper on the Dodge truck.

moparfan53

Quote from: moparfan53 on February 05, 2012, 08:35:45 PM
#7: last one. Looks like a huge camper on the Dodge truck.

I also have a few pics of the non Mopar cars if anyone is interested and/or it is allowed.

nvrbdn

back in the day is open to any old car pic's as i see it
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

Although some kind mod should move it to the general cars forum. ;)

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: model maker on February 05, 2012, 12:38:23 AM
I just looked at it again and it is a challenger with a charger front end. The charger front end really dominates the appearance of the car.

Yeah it does That is cool hea! Charger rocks!  :cheers:
Great picture's guys back in time! :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

RIDELIKEHELL

I will have to get my scanner out and post some circa 1980's Ubly Dragway (Michigan) Mopars I have pics of.
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

404NOTFOUND

I remember seeing those "Hell Drivers" shows in person in the early 1970s. One of their stunts was driving the cars all the way around an oval race track on the drivers side wheels only.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: moparfan53 on February 05, 2012, 08:27:50 PM
#3: In the background, on the left is the custom Super Bee, on the right a sign that says "Pete Hamilton  NASCAR  Rookie of the Year", also a green Dart that looks to me to have a green mod top.

Great photo, dig seeingsome of the details with valence, fenders and hood tie downs.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.