News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi project in Hemmings

Started by gers1968rt, November 13, 2006, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gers1968rt

Has anyone seen  the 68 rt hemi car for sale in the latest Hemmings? He's asking 40 k firm. It needs the engine and transmission. He says it will cost 20 k to restore. I think it would cost alot more than that to restore and the cost of the hemi and transmission on top of that. You probably are looking at 95  k and then it isn't even a NOM car. What do you think of this? gerry   p.s. I wish I had the 40 k.
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

Troy

It's been for sale for over a year. It was $50k originally. You're right, there's no way you could put that car together for $20k (which is probably why it hasn't sold). There are ads for it in all the usual places.

EDIT: I just found an old(er) ad on Moparts for what I believe is the same car. He's got it listed for $46k but he says he's now found a block, crank, rods, intake and exhaust manifolds. It's the same color as one of mine (MM1 bronze).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

PocketThunder

Is this the car in Minnesota?  if so it was on ebay last year also.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."