News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HLPAG Cashing In On The Lee #1 Interest

Started by JMF, November 14, 2006, 05:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieCharger

or we could schedule a cruise by their office one year..heh..
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

dkn1997

Quote from: AKcharger on November 16, 2006, 06:01:29 AM
I'd buy a car from Adolf Hitler before I bought one from these guys

Ironically, he did make really good cars too.....beetle.
RECHRGED

DBR/T

Quote from: JMF on November 16, 2006, 04:14:13 AM
Has anyone ever been to their workshop and spoken to these HLPAG guys?
I was at their lot a little over a year ago, don't know where their "shop" is, all that was at that location was an office, and a small 1-2 car garage with a lean to on the back.  I was there looking at one of their cars they had advertised,  was WAY overpriced.  I offered them much less than they were asking, they refused, I went home with an empty trailer.   However, the next week I talked to them on the phone and they added a bunch of missing pieces and lowered the price considerably and I went back and got it.  It was actually a decent car with some pretty rare options....hated to see them finish it their way!! 

Wakko

That is probably not a real General Lee.  Out of the surviving GL cars, only one was an R/T and it was not a track pack car like this one.  More than likely this is the GLE Enterprises car that was jumped by Hardcore Racing earlier this year.  That car was a 440/4spd numbers match Dana car.  NEVER used on screen, it was built as a promotional car.  Either HLFAG cut the nose off and replaced it with a fresh nose or they rebodied it.  You tell me.  http://www.weracehardcore.com/  Scroll down to General Lee pics/video and see how smashed that nose is.  Hardcore sold it to a guy in Florida or Georgia, unknown how much.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

DarkAngel0816

Quote from: CharlieCharger on November 16, 2006, 04:28:46 PM
Has anyone from this site actually e-mailed these guys and told them what a big piece of shit they are? :yesnod: :flame:

Before I came here and learned to stay away I had emailed them to ask them some questions about their Chargers (before I bought mine).  When they replied the email looked like it came from an uneducated idiot...totally unprofessional.  Then I came here...heard about it and called them out.  They kept emailing me asking if I was still interested and I finally told them what I heard from here.  Never heard from them again.
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

resq302

Quote from: MoparManJim on November 15, 2006, 06:07:33 PM
Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on November 15, 2006, 02:46:55 PM
Wouldn't an original series car be worth more if it were in as-used-in-the-show condition?

Judging by the restoration pictures, it'll be totally redone. At that point, isn't it really just another restored R/T with some extra paperwork from a TV production company?

nope as long as the VIN number is on a list some where of the real tv cars then it will always be real then.. the Vin is want counts. 

Jim

I thought I remember reading somewhere that the original LEE cars from the series had an additional tag riveted onto the dash next to the VIN that read something like LEE 01, LEE 02, and such so they could keep track of them.  Wouldn't that LEE tag constitute it as an original GL?  Maybe that was only used earlier in the series as opposed to later ones though.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Troy

Quote from: JMF on November 16, 2006, 04:14:13 AM
Has anyone ever been to their workshop and spoken to these HLPAG guys?
Quote from: CharlieCharger on November 16, 2006, 04:28:46 PM
Has anyone from this site actually e-mailed these guys and told them what a big piece of shit they are? :yesnod: :flame:
Yes and yes. Feel free to go yourself just for the "experience". ;) Several members actually own cars they purchased there and I believe all were misrepresented. I know of one locally that was purchased for them by another guy so they even hide their identity when buying cars. If the car is actually usable then you can bet the price will be astronomical (since their unusable cars are stratospherical). I'm sure they receive plenty of hate mail. They also dabble in Mustangs and they were attempting to get into e-bodies for a while so they have a wide variety of "fans".

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

RallyeMike

Why would you put such a nice paint job on a completely stripped car, but paint over the door and trunk latches? Gotta say though, it sure looks pretty.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

Why would they paint over the latches?  Have you seen their other "restorations"?  Masking sanding or doing metal repairs are all things they are not equipped for nor trained to do.
It's all about the marketing anyway.  YEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

hemi-hampton

I guess they figured the gas tank will hide that big 2 peice trunk line down the middle of trunk floor from underneath?  ???