News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OVERHAULIN' LOSES A VIEWER

Started by BLACKWOLF, November 09, 2006, 10:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Nacho-RT74

Sorry, show never got me, even oftenly I saw it, but never run to see it.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

6pkrunner

Never a fan of the cars that are finished (well the shaker equipped first generation was kinda neat)  but as for most - not impressed. I do appreciate the work that those not on camera put into the cars, but the pranks, yapping, running around are just all filler - 45 minutes of it!

Added to that is I have heard of several owners having to sell their cars to pay the taxes incurred by the overhaul. I don't have hard proof of this and it may just be urban legend, but a few tax sites I have visited stated that the parts and labor are taxable. And given that the Overhaulin' site has that disclaimer on the bottom of page one - well...
Anyone else hear about cars sold for taxes?

dkn1997

Quote from: BLACKWOLF on November 11, 2006, 03:08:24 PM
THEY DON'T DO THAT IN MISSOURI

they do it everywhere.  It's a federal law.   It's the same as winning a prize on a game show, lottery as previousely stated, etc.. the only way you get around it is if you won a scratch off lottery for a few hundred, nobody's going to look into that.

One of the retards who won the 1,000,000.00 for survivor a few years back ended up in court for not paying the taxes.  You hear of professional athletes getting in trouble for not reporting money received from trade shows where they do autograph signings (Pete Rose)

Recently, moparts member goody had his dad's car overhauled on that show.  From what i read, that car was not too shabby to begin with, and he might have been bucks ahead just having it painted vs. paying the taxes to have it overhauled. 
RECHRGED

Carrnutt

Quote from: BLACKWOLF on November 11, 2006, 09:37:56 AM
in jackson co. they determine your vehicle property tax by make, model and year. not by the condition. they do not appraise your car. the tax on my 73 charger is $4.20 a year.

hmmmm   1973   and 420   :scratchchin: 
1969 Rest-O-Fied Charger 383HP, Disc brake conversion, electronic ignition.
1993 D350 Curmmins
2006 Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Ram 3500 Cummins

ChargerHound69

I agree they need to show what they actually do to the car.  I am tired of seeing them talk and talk and talk. 

And why do all the cars get the same thing?  It is always some 2 tone paint job and those ugly seats.

BB1

The show is sucker now, because tonight they rebuilt a Hummer for CNN. WTF ??? Give me a F#$*@ Break.

Good bye Foose :moon:
Delete my profile

Lowprofile

Corprate America ruins another show.......... :icon_smile_dissapprove:  I don't know about anyone else, but I'm kinda' over 20 inch wheels on muscle cars. :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

SirNik73

Watched it tonight... No more! first is was a Ford Truck for Nick Thegays brother (because Nick couldn't lay down the cash to have foose fix up his bros truck on his own time) and then the CNN mobile. my friend said that it would have made more since if CNN would have hired overhauln' to build the CNN mobile, and then the money could have went to some charity for solders (because it was the war mobile) or kids in auto accidents (because the show is about cars)

but in my opinion CNN wouldn't have given the money to a charity for solders bvecause of political reasons, and a charity for kids in auto accidents... that makes to much since!
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

MichaelRW

I watched it once. They took a 1965 T-Bird and cut the roof off. No convertible top, it was a permament convertible. During the transformation, nowhere did they say anything about reinforcing the body so it wouldn't flex due to the loss of the structure strength from the roof. It looked good but it must be terrible to drive due to the flex.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

5.9_Liter_Grand_Cherokee

Quote from: SirNik73 on November 15, 2006, 03:59:12 AM
Watched it tonight... No more! first is was a Ford Truck for Nick Thegays brother (because Nick couldn't lay down the cash to have foose fix up his bros truck on his own time) and then the CNN mobile. my friend said that it would have made more since if CNN would have hired overhauln' to build the CNN mobile, and then the money could have went to some charity for solders (because it was the war mobile) or kids in auto accidents (because the show is about cars)

but in my opinion CNN wouldn't have given the money to a charity for solders because of political reasons, and a charity for kids in auto accidents... that makes to much since!

Actually, the Humvee is going to be auctioned off and the proceeds are being donated to an organization that assists wounded soldiers and their families. 
Formerly chargerdaytona477

dkn1997

on the whole, most of the cars that used to get "overhauled" were the 'I'm gonna restore it some day" cars.  That aspect was cool because these turds were just going to let the cars rot.  that Tbird flexmobile may not be stiff, but at least it's not rotting away anymore.

We should all get together and sponsor a show where we overhaul derelict musclecars.  We coudl go around to all of the places where hemisuperbirds and cudas and chargers are festering in backyards of trailer parks held prisoner by white trash that will "restore it someday"  just knock on the door and tell them your cars getting restored for free. 

I don't want these trash to get anything for free, but I could tolerate them getting a free resto to save another car from being reclaimed by the earth.  maybe once the cars are presentable, they will sell.  they can cash out and the car can go to a good home. 
RECHRGED