News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Challenger Commercial

Started by Big Sugar, November 13, 2006, 11:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Zentelis

There will be one sitting in my driveway..
6-speed manual!!! woohoo!! I know how to drive one of those  :icon_smile_cool:

TruckDriver

THAT was frakin' AWSOME! :yesnod:

Now if I can find out who does the music so I can get a copy of it. I liked that a lot too.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Recharger

Sounds like a cover of Black Betty to me...

Big Sugar

Quote from: Recharger on November 13, 2006, 11:36:14 PM

Yeah your right !! I couldn't put my finger on it !! Either way that Track rocks !!

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Charger Aficionado

69charger2002

starting at $26,995.. maybe they are making a somewhat base model? i just hope the 6.1 comes in at $40k or less
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Rocky

I bet $26,995 is just a number the guy pulled out of his ass.  It would be a good place for dodge to start though.  Hell I think the low buck 300's and Chargers are less than that.

41husk

I am biased but @ 27k that baby will definetly cut into some Mustang sales.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice class project......I wonder if the slip in of a 71 'Cuda was subliminal?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

41husk

I didn't notice the Cuda the first time through, they cut away from it pretty fast.  I thought it was going to be an 08 model not a 07.  Are they planning to roll it out sooner than first expected?  Is that a real Daimler spot? 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

Quote from: 41husk on November 14, 2006, 02:27:20 PM
I didn't notice the Cuda the first time through, they cut away from it pretty fast.  I thought it was going to be an 08 model not a 07.  Are they planning to roll it out sooner than first expected?  Is that a real Daimler spot? 

Looks like a school project to me..

"From: Redstallion
My Dodge Challenger ad I made for my college class "
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Shakey

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 14, 2006, 04:03:00 PM
Quote from: 41husk on November 14, 2006, 02:27:20 PM

Looks like a school project to me..

"From: Redstallion
My Dodge Challenger ad I made for my college class "

In other words - it don't mean squat!

bull

TruckDriver

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

6pkrunner

But the guy cutting the 16 second time has enough flames happening to barbeque steaks on the way down. So 13 second winner, or 16 second medium rare Ribeye?

gnrl01

Man, if I did not have to have my Ram..I would be signing some papers  ;D

TruckDriver

Quote from: Big Sugar on November 13, 2006, 11:42:23 PM
Quote from: Recharger on November 13, 2006, 11:36:14 PM

Yeah your right !! I couldn't put my finger on it !! Either way that Track rocks !!
Ron

I FOUND THE TRACK! It is done by a group called Spiderbait And it appears to be on the game "Need For Speed Underground 2"

But, I was able to find it and download it ;D   It's 3:26 long. There were 2 versions to download, the better one IS the "Need For Speed Underground 2" version. This seems to be the one used on the commercial.
PETE

DC_1

69bananabeast

I talked to a dodge dealer about the challenger a couple of months ago. They informed me that it would probably come out in summer-Late '07 as an '08 model  and  told them that I was hoping that and SRT version would be around $40k  , but they replied that the car will more than likely be a collector running around $50-$60K .
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

bull

Quote from: 69bananabeast on November 14, 2006, 07:37:31 PM
I talked to a dodge dealer about the challenger a couple of months ago. They informed me that it would probably come out in summer-Late '07 as an '08 model  and  told them that I was hoping that and SRT version would be around $40k  , but they replied that the car will more than likely be a collector running around $50-$60K .

That's what the dealers will be charging alright. They'll be jacking the price up a good 30% I bet.

2fast4u

Does anybody know who did that soundtrack?   I would like to get that if anyone knows.

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Chatt69chgr

The Mustang GT with 300 hp engine and 5-speed Tremec transmission, leather interior, and 17-inch aluminum wheels was sticker $27, 500.  when it came out last fall.  I suspect that a comparably equipped Challenger will be about the same price.  That is, a 5.7 liter with 5 speed (maybe 6).  Probably around $30k.  I would think that the 6.1 liter with 6 speed would retail for around $40k.  They may play the same game they are playing right now with RT's making the "collector" editions.  In fact, I would think that the first ones out of the box at the beginning of next summer will be precisely this.  And you can expect those first examples to go for $10k-$15k plus over list.  It will take a year or so for the dust to settle on these.  At some point down the road, you will be able to get one for a reasonable price.  If you want a 6.1 with 6 speed, you may have to settle for a used one to get the price down out of the stratosphere as I don't think they will ever be "cheap".  But I am pleased to see that they finally got the light and are building the two door car that most everyone wants.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 2fast4u on November 14, 2006, 09:26:28 PM
   Does anybody know who did that soundtrack?   I would like to get that if anyone knows.

2fast

No offence, but I just posted that 4 posts above your asking. Helps to read the whole thread.
PETE

2fast4u

Quote from: Da' ChargerGuy on November 14, 2006, 10:04:02 PM

2fast

No offence, but I just posted that 4 posts above your asking. Helps to read the whole thread.

Sorry man......just flat out didn't read it.    thanks just the same.

2fast

TruckDriver

Quote from: 2fast4u on November 15, 2006, 06:51:49 PM
Quote from: Da' ChargerGuy on November 14, 2006, 10:04:02 PM

2fast

Sorry man......just flat out didn't read it.    thanks just the same.
2fast

Hey, no problem. I was tired last night. It's the only reason it irritated me.
PETE

2fast4u

Arthu®

They used the same song for the trailer of the 2005 DoH movie.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986