News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vanishing point 1997 (charger v.s. challenger)

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, November 13, 2006, 06:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

youtube clip of the chase scene between the cop in his black 68 charger and kowalskis 70 ''hemi'' chally-MATT(goes 2 show a 440 can hold its own to a hemi)

(does anyone else notice the cops when they are inside the car , are sitting in a black challenger clearly visible by high back seats,rear window,steerign wheel and hood)

oh also they were originally going to use a superbird for the cops car until it became un-feasable to find one at that time

(scroll down in link as i cannot post actual link to clip for some reason)

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=bullitt+chase+scene+

Mean 318

THE CHARGER PUNK

i was told they used 2 68's  , one being a real x3 black r/t( apprently being restored back to stock somewhere) and the other a lesser car used for the roll over-MATT

JMF

What is it with film makers and destroying Charger's, poor Charger's don't stand a chance in films

Mean 318

That scene when the Charger comes crawling out of the ditch :icon_smile_tongue: :drool5: :bow: :smoke: :crazy: :eek: :boogie: :scared: :drive: I wish I could get that on a poster!!

TruckDriver

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on November 13, 2006, 06:17:07 PM
i was told they used 2 68's  , one being a real x3 black r/t( apprently being restored back to stock somewhere) and the other a lesser car used for the roll over-MATT

If you take a lot when they are rolling over in the Charger, you can see the dash vent covers are missing and the dash doesn't look as good in general.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

8WHEELER

I truly can't believe I never noticed that........ I have seen that movie many times, I taped it when it came
on TV back then, why the heck would they do a close up in a Challenger  ??? ???  that is so strange.

Yep, everybody in Hollywood loves to kill Chargers  :mad: :mad: :horse: :horse:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

41husk

Cudaken, has my copy of that flick.  I gotta get it back!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: 8WHEELER on November 13, 2006, 09:44:04 PM
why the heck would they do a close up in a Challenger  ??? ???  that is so strange.
Dan

Dan - it was because it was cheaper for the production if they had one car with all the camera mountings instead of two. The challenger was painted black (the hood) for those scenes...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Zentelis

I think I just realized why I like the Charger in the movie Blade so much..
It's the only movie I know of where they didn't kill a Charger!

:brickwall: