News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best deal on a charger?

Started by h76, November 12, 2006, 10:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argos_Chargers

In 1994 I paid 3K for my '66.  That may not sound too great, but the car had 39,000 original miles.  I bought it from the original owner who had done enough restoration on the car to get a B.C. collector's plate.  I have done almost nothing to the car since then, it now has 56,000 miles on it including a 5,600 mile trip to Texas.
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

1BAD68

$7500.00 for my 68 318 auto on the floor about a 1 1/2 years ago. Minimal rust, 74K original miles, Southern Cali. car. Drove it home 130 miles  ;)

Ghoste

As far as I'm concerned it was a deal.  Hell, I was only making 2 or 3 bucks an hour back in 1980.

Goldfinger71

Im witch'a Ghoste......$75.00 is a deal.........................I WAS NOT trying to offend any of our member here,I was just saying spending a few hundred dollars on a used car, (in particular a musclecar) was pretty common back then becuase most of the mainstream folks didn't want em' anymore........
Everone who held on to their cars through all that time and still have them I SALUTE YOU!! :yesnod: :angel:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

JimShine

I remember almost all 60's muscle cars were cheap in the early 80's. My uncles would go through a few cars a month paying $25 or trading beer for Chevelles, Roadrunners, Cougers, you name it. People would dump them when the front ends wore out, or the exhaust was starting to fall apart. Once in a while they would pay $100 for something nicer along those lines, but it was really rare.

gers1968rt

I found my 68 RT in Georgia while I was coming back from Florida. The guy was asking 500 for it. I bought even though I had to drive back to Ontario to get a tow vehicle and trailer. The guy said he had been asking 500 for it for 3 years but the local kids only offered 400. I wonder if they regret that now? gerry
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

deputycrawford

I was given a 73 back in 1988. It sat for a long time and you could see through the quarters into the trunk. It was rough but I drove that car for a couple of months before I got rid of it.

I also bought my current 69  383 console A/C car, with no rust at all, for $7000 in 2003. I trailered it from Georgia to southern Ohio, then drove it 3 1/2 hrs home to Toledo, Ohio. It had 90,000 miles on it. It still had every original hard part on the car. That means carb, wheels and covers, etc. not the tires. it still has most of the original interior in it now. I didn't think I was getting the best deal at the time but the prices are going through the roof.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Lord Warlock

Paid 800 cash for my 69 RT/SE in 1978, with 78,000 original miles, perfect interior and body and a color i've never seen a match on.  AND it came with a nice set of ET aluminum slot mag rims, and a magnesium 10 inch wide spare aluminum wheel.  This was my best buy, and my keeper car, still own it 29 years later.

Paid 250 cash for my 2nd 69 Charger R/T with 69,000 original miles in 1982, dark green/drk green vinyl top/green seats (it had been wrecked...hit a telephone pole and kinda warped the entire frame...but I took the motor/tranny out and various other parts, it had factory magnum 500s, which i still have. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Charger-Bodie

i paid 200.00 cash for my first charger in 1985 it was sitting in a grove of trees even came with a bridge swiped 69 se parts car
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

High Impact

I know a buddy  who bought one for $75.00, 1969 RT/SE at a party one time back in the mid 80's.  This guy was all stoned and drunk and approched my buddy and said 'you're always bugging me about my charger.........give me $75.00 buck and she's your's dude"    So my buddy borowed money from everyone he knew to get enough to pay him.    Now it just sits and collects dust..... half tore apart and just wont sell it.  To bad,  Burnt orange color with Tan interior and top.

I Bought a numbers matching 68 RT with 54.xxxx miles and is a  440-4-speed, Dana  car a couple years ago for $6500.00   80% original silver paint.  Came from Florida back in 1977 and sat in a garage ever since.  Sweet Deals in this day-n-age.

Steve P.

VegasMike and I had a 3rd gen.  given to us about 20 years ago. Sold everything off...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

68isgr8

even trade, a new hp computer for the coronet r/t -- 2 yrs. ago  :icon_smile_big:  :drive:

konigcharger

Quote from: 68isgr8 on December 16, 2006, 01:45:05 AM
equal trade, a new hp computer for the coronet r/t -- 2 yrs. ago  :icon_smile_big:  :drive:

a 68 coronet is not a charger... a 71 well thats a different story

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.