News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tags on ebay

Started by konigcharger, November 11, 2006, 10:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

69charger2002

that is insane.. i bet some of those cars survived.. i doubt ALL 60 are from crushed cars.. never know. would be cool to see a few of those tags end up on cars missing them
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Ghoste

Someone told me or I read it someplace once that a lot those tags came off during repaints.  Body shops would send the tag to the paint supplier to make sure they used the right codes.  The tags would then not usually go back on the car but instead get tossed into a bin or whatever.
Who knows, some of those tags could be cars that are still running around out there somewhere.

twilt

too bad there arent VIN plates to go with them :stirthepot:

konigcharger

but there at bottom right whats that.... look real close  :rotz:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

69charger2002

of course it just HAPPENS to be from a desirable 68 R/T
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Drache

Quote from: NO LONGER A REGISTERED USER on November 11, 2006, 11:36:27 PM
too bad there arent VIN plates to go with them :stirthepot:

Quotepulled from cars that were crushed 20 yrs ago, and some dash tags also,

Dash tags? Vins?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger_Fan

Man, that's quite the stash! Hopefully somebody from here gets them, so the numbers can be checked out & possibly reunited with their owners. I'd bet someone would pay a few bucks for their long-lost tag. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BB1

I have 2 R/T 69 tags, but they will go to the grave with me.  :icon_smile_dead:
Delete my profile

Just 6T9 CHGR

I asked the guy, rather begged the guy, to register all the 69 tags he had or at least give me the VIN#'s to compare to the registry.....we'll see :rotz:

Quote from: cudahob3 on November 12, 2006, 06:32:57 AM
I have 2 R/T 69 tags, but they will go to the grave with me. :icon_smile_dead:

Did ya register them? :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

NHCharger

Quote from: konigcharger on November 11, 2006, 11:41:56 PM
but there at bottom right whats that.... look real close  :rotz:

Looks like vin tags to me.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

69CoronetRT

Is anyone here planning on bidding on them? I'm considering it.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Chris G.

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on November 12, 2006, 01:38:58 PM
Is anyone here planning on bidding on them? I'm considering it.

Yep. If they don't get too crazy, I will make a bid to bring them to a safe resting place. Of course if they belong to any living cars, they should go to the owner free of charge.

ChargerSG

Hope someone here get them soo they can be sorten out...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

MorePwr

I've got an idea....How about one of us buy them (I volunteer) and sell them back to the members (lottery style) for the actual cost per tag..... Say it cost 120 for the lot, the price per will be 2.00 + a stamp?

Then we can start a thread to compare who got what. Kind of a Fantasy Charger buy

To divy up the tags fairly I can get together with another local, willing, member and pull them out of a hat or something

Good idea? Bad?  If interested post up and let me know soon. we got four days.

ps.
Aside from this possibly being fun. I think it's a good way to ensure that the tags get documented and researched and back to the surviving owners, if any. each one of us can register our tags and post any information they found. then maybe a vote to see who ended up with the coolest car (tag)

Manfred318

Quote from: MorePwr on November 12, 2006, 03:13:56 PM
I've got an idea....How about one of us buy them (I volunteer) and sell them back to the members for the actual cost per tag..... Say it cost 120 for the lot, the price per will be 2.00 + a stamp?

Then we can start a thread to compare who got what. Kind of a Fantasy Charger buy

To divy up the tags fairly I can get together with another local, willing, member and pull them out of a hat or something

ps.
Aside from this possibly being fun. I think it's a good way to ensure that the tags get documented and researched and back to the surviving owners, if any. each one of us can register our tags and post any information they found. then maybe a vote to see who ended up with the coolest car (tag)

Not a bad idea. I would want mine back if it was in there, and I would have no problem giving a few bucks to get it back. :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

BB1

Quote from: cudahob3 on November 12, 2006, 06:32:57 AM
I have 2 R/T 69 tags, but they will go to the grave with me. :icon_smile_dead:

Did ya register them? :wave:

You got it, last year.  ;)
Delete my profile

azraelck

I'm watching it as well, though I can't justify purchasing 60 fender tags. Especially not for a benjamin.
For every good man that is born, another good man must die.  Yet somehow the
factory keeps pumping out losers and we have no idea how to get rid of them.
--Kersus

konigcharger

Quote from: MorePwr on November 12, 2006, 03:13:56 PM
I've got an idea....How about one of us buy them (I volunteer) and sell them back to the members (lottery style) for the actual cost per tag..... Say it cost 120 for the lot, the price per will be 2.00 + a stamp?

ps.

sounds like a good idea to me  :2thumbs:
the most important thing is they get recorded and back to the cars they came off of (if its still around)

bull

What is this? Extortion? Like the good guys have to fork out a bunch of money to "rescue" VIN tags so the bad guys don't buy them and make phoney cars? :icon_smile_dissapprove:

MorePwr

Quote from: bull on November 12, 2006, 10:50:36 PM
What is this? Extortion? Like the good guys have to fork out a bunch of money to "rescue" VIN tags so the bad guys don't buy them and make phoney cars? :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Exactly ;)

2Gunz

I will seriously by them, even if it does get a bit crazy.

But please let me know if somebody else from here is buying them so that we dont bid against each other.

Old Moparz

Unless someone has the original car with a VIN tag that matches the fender tag, the rest should be recorded, archived, & then melted down & used for tin foil to make better helmets.   ::)

Like we really need more questionably legal R/T's to suddenly reappear from scrap metal piles.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry