News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tags on ebay

Started by konigcharger, November 11, 2006, 10:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 18, 2006, 06:14:30 PM
Charger Fan,
Check with your local authorities, you may be able to get a state assigned VIN number for it.

Barry
Yeah, I've thought of that too, although I'm a little apprehensive because I'd hate to have them run the VIN number on the door tag & find it was stolen 10 years ago or something. I guess I coud bolt another door on there before I let them examine it. :scratchchin:

Before I try that though, I think I'll see if I can contact the guy I got it from & see if he knows any of the former owners. I bet I'll hit a brick wall though, because when I was picking up the car, he didn't want to talk about the missing VIN much...and I didn't want to botch getting the car at the time, so I shut up about it.
I wasn't too worried about it at the time, because I had originally indended to harvest most any useable part from it...now I changed my mind. I already parted out a useable '70 in the early 90's & I'm not about to do it again.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Alaskan_TA

Well, if it was stolen I am sure the owner would love to have it back.  :yesnod:

If you go through the state for the assigned VIN, they will check the body numbers too.

If it turns out to be stolen you can sue the guy you bought it from and try to get your money back.

Barry

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 18, 2006, 06:51:18 PM
Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 18, 2006, 06:14:30 PM
Charger Fan,
Check with your local authorities, you may be able to get a state assigned VIN number for it.

Barry
Yeah, I've thought of that too, although I'm a little apprehensive because I'd hate to have them run the VIN number on the door tag & find it was stolen 10 years ago or something. I guess I coud bolt another door on there before I let them examine it. :scratchchin:

Before I try that though, I think I'll see if I can contact the guy I got it from & see if he knows any of the former owners. I bet I'll hit a brick wall though, because when I was picking up the car, he didn't want to talk about the missing VIN much...and I didn't want to botch getting the car at the time, so I shut up about it.
I wasn't too worried about it at the time, because I had originally indended to harvest most any useable part from it...now I changed my mind. I already parted out a useable '70 in the early 90's & I'm not about to do it again.

i dont know what the big deal is... its just a 70 Charger..                                                                         :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Boo- yah!

Nice one Paul :thumbs:

I give it one day......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dodge Don

Silver68RT

Sorry to go off-topic a little bit, but what is the number that shows up on a '68 fender tag, and where can I find it elsewhere on the car?  My '68 Charger R/T is missing it's fender tag, and the broadcast sheet.  I posted my VIN in the moparts.com lost and found section, but if the VIN's not on the tag, if someone has it, they wouldn't know it's mine from the info I posted.

My old '72 Charger SE had the VIN # on the tag, so I assumed the '68 would too.  Is there a way to tie a '68 fender tag back to the car?

Thanks,

Doug
Silver68RT

Ghoste

The bottom right side number on the 68 tag is an SO number.  It should also be found somewhere on the rad support cradle and in a 2nd location that varies around the vehicle.  A frequent spot is somewhere on the trunk lip under the weatherstrip.  The SO number as it is stamped on the body will not be a stand alone number like it is on the fender tag but it will be in conjunction with some other numbers that tell the assembly plant and the year of the car and I think a small part of the vin (like one digit or something).  It should be like three digits, a space, then the SO number.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 18, 2006, 09:51:33 PM

i dont know what the big deal is... its just a 70 Charger..                                                                         :icon_smile_big:
Grrrr... :moon:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

Glad to see that it was someone from here that wound up with those tags. I remember a few years ago that there was a stash of a few hundred for sale on ebay, I was the high bidder up to $500 but got outbid. There was a few fender tags to Daytona's in that batch. I have no clue what ever happened to those.

Ghoste

But everyone's inner hairy cynic can take a wild guess. :o

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: 69_500 on November 20, 2006, 07:57:38 PM
Glad to see that it was someone from here that wound up with those tags. I remember a few years ago that there was a stash of a few hundred for sale on ebay, I was the high bidder up to $500 but got outbid. There was a few fender tags to Daytona's in that batch. I have no clue what ever happened to those.

If it was the auction from Califorinia some one with the initiasl GG got them.

I will give you one guess.  ;)

Barry

Ghoste

Well, then I can relax my cynic.  The good news is, he won't be sending them to anyone to clone.  The bad news is, there is little chance he will share any of that information with other numbers fans.

Dodge Don

Quote from: Ghoste on November 21, 2006, 04:45:38 AM
Well, then I can relax my cynic.  The good news is, he won't be sending them to anyone to clone.  The bad news is, there is little chance he will share any of that information with other numbers fans.

Unless you pay

Ghoste

I don't know if he'd share that sort of archival information with anyone except someone who can prove one of the tags belong to their car.  As far as helping other registries in any way, the only registry I think he recognizes is the one he runs.  I'm only guessing though.

Chris G.

Quote from: Ghoste on November 21, 2006, 05:36:12 PM
I don't know if he'd share that sort of archival information with anyone except someone who can prove one of the tags belong to their car.  As far as helping other registries in any way, the only registry I think he recognizes is the one he runs.  I'm only guessing though.

Your guess is absolutely correct.

It's his livelyhood, so for him to keep it all to himself is somewhat understandable. :Twocents:

Ghoste

Oh I agree.  I wonder how he might feel if other registries and showgoers didn't freely share their info with him?

Chris G.

:bump: Wonder how Pete made out.

69_500

Ah so he is the one who outbid me. Darn it, I should have upped my bid, or went in half with someone. I was just hoping there were some tags to 500's in the pile, to add to the database, and or any others that could be shared with the registries.

TripleBlackGator

God I love this crap!  :icon_smile_evil:  I'm all tingly.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on December 02, 2006, 09:29:06 PM
God I love this crap!  :icon_smile_evil:  I'm all tingly.
Warm and fuzzy right?  Sort of like the holiday season...  :pity:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T