News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Funny charger story.

Started by 73chgrSE, November 11, 2006, 10:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chgrSE

This is a real life Duke boy's story. When I moved out in 1990 and went to college out of state I left my charger with my Dad in Va. who ocassionally drove it to work. On one such day he over heard a scanner call that the town bank had just been robbed. This was in a very small town and he could actually see the bank from out the front of his workplace. Sure enough the robbers car which I was told was an older LTD or something, came barreling out of the bank lot and my Dad, former navy, felt it his duty to give chase. This town does not have a town cop, it's that small, and my dad knew they would be long gone by the time Roscoe P. Coaltrain showed up. So he ran them down, and on an old back road just outside of town he got them alittle loose and they lost it, wrecked the car a ran in the woods. The cops showed up later and found them hiding the next day and ofcourse took the credit. Here is the actual news clip. They didn't mention my dad or the car but all the locals know what happened.

"Citizens of Ivor, Va., turned out in force when two men robbed the local bank. After their car crashed while fleeing from police, the duo fled into a wooded area. Local residents immediately armed themselves and, along with police, surrounded the woods. The pair surrendered to a volunteer and an officer the next morning. Said one local resident, "Here, the feeling is `Hey, you`ve got my money.`"
(The Virginian-Pilot, Norfolk, VA, 10/20/91)(AR 3/92).

Ghoste

That's not funny.  It's annoying that your Dad didn't get the credit but it isn't funny.  Your father deserves some recognition for that.  It may be some years back now but the man earned a "Well Done!!!"  :2thumbs:
Most folks wouldn't want to get involved.

73chgrSE

He didn't do it for the recognition I'm sure. He's not the type to boast. My mom was the one who told me about it even.

Now-a-days you'ld have to worry about getting sued by the robbers for making them wreck.

mikepmcs

Quote from: 73chgrSE on November 11, 2006, 10:47:08 AM
my Dad, former navy, felt it his duty to give chase.

That's what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You damn right i'd chase em down.  We all give your Dad a "Bravo Zulu"  and a hearty "Well Done"

oh and throw this in there as well for me.... "Your professional ability and loyal dedication to duty reflected credit upon himself and were keeping with the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service"

v/r
Navy Mike
(my last day in the Navy is tomorrow)
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69bronzeT5

I bet the news reporters would of called your charger "the general lee":D :stirthepot:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikepmcs

Then they would be correct because my car is a "General Lee."
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?