News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New build smoking badly???????

Started by deputycrawford, September 10, 2006, 05:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chryco Psycho

we have already had snow a # of times since mid sept

Steve P.

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 10, 2006, 01:39:42 AM
we have already had snow a # of times since mid sept

Yeah, but you live where they have to PIPE the sun in... 

Maybe you could buy some sunshine on EBAY..    :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

emanscharger

I just got my hemi running..496 inch..it has probably less than 10 miles on the car..it was dyno tuned made 740 horses..it has the total seal gapless rings in it too..and it smokes out the exaust like a #$#^^ pig.  I'm stressed out beyond believe about it..i'm putting in a moroso crankcase vent kit in it tomorrow..it does'nt have a pcv valve in it right now..so i think thats why i'm blowing oil so bad too.  any words of encouragement would be great..I'm in the same boat as you deputy.

deputycrawford

I wish I had some words of encouragement. Mine has about 800 miles on it and when I was parking it in my sister's garage for the winter, it was still smoking noticably at idle. I seriously believe I am pulling the engine back out in the spring and putting a normal set of molly rings in it. I am very upset. It puffs an huge billow of smoke at start up when its warm and has been sitting for between 20 minutes and an hour. I might pull the "Perfect Circle" seals out of it also. I am sooo disapointed in the car that I have often thought of selling it. I am too emotionally involved with the car and can feel my face turning pink when I am running the car. I am going to have a heart attack if I keep this up much longer. Let me know if yours gets better. I don't believe mine will. It runs like a scalded dog. It just smokes like crazy. I have wanted this car for 20 years. Now I just want it to end.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

my69

Sorry to here that deputy :-[  I'm still waiting on finishing on hoooking "everything up yet :icon_smile_evil:
  Hopefully this week end I'll be able to do more on it :-\ finish with the exhaust, Start to figure on hooking up the "electric" choke AND my pertronix?

Shouldn't be to much more :sick: :rotz:  And Like what you stated earlier! I too been waiting 20rs   Seven if I want to hear that engine running again :icon_smile_big:

Winston