News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures???

Started by TylerCharger69, July 05, 2006, 05:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

I noticed that on some folks' posts, they have a personalized picture at the bottom of each post.  (not the tiny one on the left side)   How can I achieve this as well???

Charger_Fan

The pic needs to be hosted from somewhere on the internet. In your profile signature area, paste the picture URL between tags & it will show up in each post as part of your signature.

Oh & as a courtesy to others, it's best if the pic isn't too huge either. :icon_smile_wink:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TylerCharger69

So...I need to have the pictures somewhere in internetland in order to do this?.....Or...can I make a shared folder  and do it that way??

mikepmcs

ok
after you have the pic you want and resize it to about 200x100(close to that, mines a little big but wanted to show you)

go to photobucket.com
start an album and upload the new resized picture
right click and copy the URL selection(should start with HTTP)

next go to profile info and go to your signature block and paste the url and surround it with the as described in above post.

let me know if you can't get it and if you want to send the pic i'll do it for you although you have to send me your log in password.  I did it for 71 superbee as well.

i put one up to show you although mines a little big, you get the idea.
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TylerCharger69

Throw me an email.....I'll give you all the info   and the pictures

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

SeattleCharger

Here is a great photo working free program that I downloaded maybe two years ago, it works great and there were no catches or spamming or bugs, etc., from the free download.  Its Serif Photoplus 6.0.  They give away this version hoping you will buy newer versions in the future, have gotten one email once every two or three months at most.   You can do many of the things photoshop can do, and has huge file storage of your modified pics.  Has a directions index and table of contents, seems a little complicated at first to figure out manual/directions, but once you start figuring out the first things, it is easier to figure out other things, very well worth the time spent.  Main benefit is optimizing photos, which is changing the file size without changeing the width and height of photo, especially if you download digital pictures a lot, they go right into this program if you want, and you can resize them, resize the megabytes of them to under 200K, then export them to your misc. email files or whatever.   You can crop, flip horizontally,vertically, rotate any degree, combine pictures, layer pictures, touch up paint pictures, do photochops, change lighting and contrast to high degrees, do animation, etc., have any questions just ask.  I am not associated with this software at all, just sharing my good luck finding this:

http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/default.asp

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.