News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

R/T Specialties

Started by rudyjrusa, November 08, 2006, 10:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

hi - has anybody dealt with R/T Specialties?? 

everytime i call nobody answers phone - there is no voice mail.

not sure to deal with this company for parts.

Daytona R/T SE

Yep, I've bought a bunch of stuff from Tom. He's a good guy.  But-I have never tried to order anything from him. I always buy from him at the shows-Mopar nationals, Monster Mopar,etc. I would suspect that if you're having trouble getting ahold of him he's on the road somewhere...

Troy

Tom is in Florida (or at least on his way home right now). If you've called any time within the last week he's been on the road. As for buying stuff, he certainly knows his Mopars and seems like a genuinely nice guy. I bought a bunch of stuff for the grill and bumpers on the Barracuda and probably even a few Charger parts. I have another list coming together for my next order.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Shakey

There was / is a thread on Moparts recently about Tom and R/T Specialties. 

The general consensus is that yes, Tom is a nice guy and knows his Mopars and has plenty of hard to find items but he is a one man show that deals mostly in bulk (vendor to other retailers) and although he will accept orders from individuals, they do take time to process.  Could he use some help in processing orders, communicating with his customers and being more organized in general, maybe, but that decision will have to be made by Tom himself. 

If you would like to do business with him, keep this in mind.  Be patient and and consider that the show season is coming to an end and Tom might be a bit more accessible.

old man

I was able to get ahold of him about two weeks ago. He did have the molding clips I need for my 66 that no one else did. They arrived quickly and were good quality. Good guy to do bussiness with.
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

Mfr426

I've purchased several items from him over the years with great results but recently somethings been amiss. I ordered some R/T emblems from him about 3 weeks ago on a Monday morning. I'm about 2 hours from him and usually get stuff the next day or two. I never got them so I waited till the following week and called him. He was short with me on the phone and told me he'd call me back if there were any problems. He never did and I never got the items. I've tried him no less than 10 times in the last week with no answer at all.

It's very odd as I really liked working with him. I've since purchased form Jacks in NJ...

Mike R in Reading PA

BrianShaughnessy

Been there... too hard to get ahold of.
I can get Totally Auto on the phone easier.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Mfr426

They are another good provider (and about an hour away from me).

Argos_Chargers

Go to the website and send an e-mail.  They will respond to you and answer any questions you might have.  I've always had a good experience working with them, and I've never had any issues with shipping.
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

Recharger

I placed a large order with him earlier this year and it was by far the worst experience I've had with any car parts seller, by far.  I'll never do business with him again.

I agree with what most are saying here, he definitely knows his parts and seemed like a nice guy.  I placed an order with him for about 20 different parts, totalling near $800.  I think he got maybe 60% of it right.  I had specifically requested 2-day shipping on one part in particular, but it didn't arrive for 2 weeks, with the rest of the parts.  Whenever I called him to find out where my parts were, he always said "uh, that shipped yesterday."  I guess he doesn't realize UPS tracks ship dates, and he was blatantly lying to me every time.  He claims he never got the request for expedited shipping, but somehow he remembered to charge me for it.  After sending back all the wrong parts and trying to get an exchange, half of the parts he sent (2 months later) were wrong again.  In the end it took over 3 months, and he still never got 3 or 4 of the items to me, which I had to buy elsewhere.  (That's after I already paid him for the wrong parts)  He just quit answering his phone from what I could tell.   I tried email too, with no luck.  Also his pricing didn't match his website OR what he quoted me on the phone.  He also promised me a free grommet which, go figure, he never sent.  I think I have a pretty good idea of why things are run so poorly, but to speculate would put me at legal risk, so I won't.

Buy somewhere else, unless you need to raise your blood pressure.

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Recharger on November 09, 2006, 03:41:35 PM
I placed a large order with him earlier this year and it was by far the worst experience I've had with any car parts seller, by far.  I'll never do business with him again.

I agree with what most are saying here, he definitely knows his parts and seemed like a nice guy.  I placed an order with him for about 20 different parts, totalling near $800.  I think he got maybe 60% of it right.  I had specifically requested 2-day shipping on one part in particular, but it didn't arrive for 2 weeks, with the rest of the parts.  Whenever I called him to find out where my parts were, he always said "uh, that shipped yesterday."  I guess he doesn't realize UPS tracks ship dates, and he was blatantly lying to me every time.  He claims he never got the request for expedited shipping, but somehow he remembered to charge me for it.  After sending back all the wrong parts and trying to get an exchange, half of the parts he sent (2 months later) were wrong again.  In the end it took over 3 months, and he still never got 3 or 4 of the items to me, which I had to buy elsewhere.  (That's after I already paid him for the wrong parts)  He just quit answering his phone from what I could tell.   I tried email too, with no luck.  Also his pricing didn't match his website OR what he quoted me on the phone.  He also promised me a free grommet which, go figure, he never sent.  I think I have a pretty good idea of why things are run so poorly, but to speculate would put me at legal risk, so I won't.

Buy somewhere else, unless you need to raise your blood pressure.

that is exactly the same problem i am having - it is very frustrating - you cannot run a business like that - why should i order parts from him again???

Steve P.

Tom is damn good people.  Try not to fault him for not having allot of time to answer the phone. His is a one man show and is very busy for good reason.

1). He's usually got it.

2). He knows what you are talking about.

3). If he doesn't have it, he'll tell you where you can find it...

Tom has a memory like an elep  h  n,,,,,   how do you spell that again??    :icon_smile_big:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Rubberduck

I ordered a tach for my Charger there.
No problems at all. He even sent the tach to Germany.
And he was very helpful.

Mario
´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Steve P. on November 10, 2006, 08:24:22 AM
Tom is damn good people.  Try not to fault him for not having allot of time to answer the phone. His is a one man show and is very busy for good reason.

1). He's usually got it.

2). He knows what you are talking about.

3). If he doesn't have it, he'll tell you where you can find it...

Tom has a memory like an elep  h  n,,,,,   how do you spell that again??    :icon_smile_big:

i am sure he is a nice person - but if you are going to have a business - you should get some help - his business will suffer!

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: rudyjrusa on November 08, 2006, 10:21:18 PM
hi - has anybody dealt with R/T Specialties?? 

everytime i call nobody answers phone - there is no voice mail.

not sure to deal with this company for parts.

been waiting on parts for 2.5 months now...      no sympathy here....    i will NEVER deal with that guy again.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Big Lebowski

Tom's always good to me. I like to get it all at the spring fling where I can actually talk to him. He's a good ol boy.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

1968 Charger B5

i havent got anything from him but i firends who did and they said he was good
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

rudyjrusa

it has been 3 weeks and still have not heard from him - still have wrong parts and still have not received remaining parts???