News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dang AVS accelerator pump

Started by hemi68charger, November 11, 2006, 10:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

OK, I have a question.. Does the accelerator pump on an AVS always squirt fuel or only when displaced after full movement, ie. activating the choke with one full pump.. With the car idling, throttle response is nice and you can see fuel being discharged via the venturis with throttle movement. With the car idling, I have looked into the bores and throttled it and can't see any fuel out the accelerator pump jet nozzles. Also, the check valve, in the shape of a pointed rectangular body, not a check ball is in the discharge channel. The pointed end is pointed down..... I have a new pump in the carb with the kit I installed... Other than that, the carb idles and functions nicely.. It's a 4617 on my 440 4-speed.....

Thanks...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

The discharge check is in correctly.  The pump should lift it off it's seat and shoot fuel out the squirter with most movement.  However, if you are throttling it slowly, the AVS will redirect fuel back to the bowl.