News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which direction do these fox shocks get installed? (Pics included)

Started by 2Luke2, March 15, 2014, 09:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Luke2

There is obviously a difference in spacing, but no instructions to be found on Hotchkis website or any other instructions we could find online. Anyone have any clue which side should be facing the front of the car?

Thanks in advance!

myk

That's the rear, right?  I just put mine on a couple of days ago, but I didn't notice a significant difference between the two sides; they looked the same to me, front or back... :shruggy:

2Luke2

Nope these are the front shocks. There is a difference and we are using the QA1 LCAs so we aren't sure if it will make a difference if we put them in one way or another.

MSRacing89

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

2Luke2

Thanks for the replies! We will probably just install them so they match since one side of the bushing is rounded and sticking out and the other is flat and flush with the side of the mount.

myk

Quote from: 2Luke2 on March 15, 2014, 03:34:59 PM
Thanks for the replies! We will probably just install them so they match since one side of the bushing is rounded and sticking out and the other is flat and flush with the side of the mount.

I must be getting old, but I swear that mine were equal on both sides.  Oh well, hope you get them on soon!

Dino

I would say you mount them so 'FOX' is not upside down?   :shruggy:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

2Luke2

Quote from: Dino on March 16, 2014, 08:37:11 AM

Yea we got that... lol...

We were more concerned with the bushing sticking out further on one side than the other. I guess we could be over thinking it.

Dino

Quote from: 2Luke2 on March 16, 2014, 03:07:07 PM
Quote from: Dino on March 16, 2014, 08:37:11 AM

Yea we got that... lol...

We were more concerned with the bushing sticking out further on one side than the other. I guess we could be over thinking it.

That teaches me to pay more attention next time.   :lol:

I would not be concerned.  That spacing is not going to do much of anything either way.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.