News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Tailights; Anyone Repro them Yet!

Started by 69RTSE, November 07, 2006, 01:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69RTSE

With all the great reproduction parts that are being made....its ashame that these are being made yet.  I believe there would be overwhealming demand.  Anyone heard of any manufacture thinking about it or is the process?

Ghoste

Someone was advertising them a few years ago but the project must have fell through.  I haven't heard anymore about it or about anyone else taking up the cross.

Shakey

Quote from: 69RTSE on November 07, 2006, 01:43:58 AM
With all the great reproduction parts that are being made....its ashame that these are being made yet.  I believe there would be overwhealming demand.  Anyone heard of any manufacture thinking about it or is the process?

I don't know if the demand would be that great.  They are a one year only deal.

They are always around (e-bay, salvage yards etc.) and usually in good shape for a decent price.  The lenses polish up pretty good.  Personally, I wouldn't buy any.

Now the bezels, hmmm   :scratchchin:

Ghoste

With the prices those swap meet ones are starting to ask though...

THE CHARGER PUNK

68s were a only a 1 year deal, but they got re-popped, 70 lights are the same just the trim around the hanged-MATT

chargerrt

Quote from: Shakey on November 07, 2006, 07:02:17 AM
Quote from: 69RTSE on November 07, 2006, 01:43:58 AM

I don't know if the demand would be that great.  They are a one year only deal.

They are always around (e-bay, salvage yards etc.) and usually in good shape for a decent price.  The lenses polish up pretty good.  Personally, I wouldn't buy any.

Now the bezels, hmmm   :scratchchin:

here's a question...my taillights are looking kind of chalky...how exactly can i polish them up?

Ghoste

1970 ones aren't exactly the same Matt, there is a rectangular reflector incorporated into the lens.

jaak

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on November 07, 2006, 06:14:41 PM
68s were a only a 1 year deal, but they got re-popped, 70 lights are the same just the trim around the hanged-MATT

69 & 70's are different.

Jason

Blakcharger440

I would buy a reproduction tailight for a 70 charger regardless if it did or did not have the reflector in it.
It would be great just having the option to buy one.

Someone should just make a taillight that would fit the 69 AND 70 Chargers...not just the 69.
Cause when ya start excluding years then thats where it wouldnt pay off for anyone who was making them because the market would be even smaller for the product.

Lord Warlock

What are a set of 69 lenses worth? (without the chrome bezels) I have a spare set just laying around.  Wish I'd kept the chrome bezel trim pieces, but hey, at 21 yrs old we don't always think that far in the future (was over 20 years ago when I took them off the parts car i bought). 

Lord Warlock
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.