News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AM I F&*KED or what

Started by bigroge1, November 04, 2006, 11:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigroge1

well heres the scoop me and my buddy of mine have been workin on my 69 charger for about a while now so showed up at his house to get to work on it and the dude MOVED!! so i found the place where he put my 69 charger cuase me and him dont have any room to store it then the owner says he hasnt heard from him for about a month but he does have my charger locked up and some others guys JUDGE and he doesnt have the key so what should i do cuase this is some real bullshit

#i do have the title but since its from california and i shipped it to denver and they wont change the title to my name cuase it has to be inspected by a dealership and up and running and so should i try to find the guy or just get a search warrant somehow and anyheads up the guys name is LEON HELKA not a bad guy but this is some bullshit that he is bringin to me.

any ideas or legal actions on what should to do

p.s.i GOT FU@%ED big time

mopar goddess

firefighter3931

Call a locksmith, bring a tow truck and get your car.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

moparguy01

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 05, 2006, 12:01:43 AM

Ron

What Ron said.

bigroge1

gonna do it just hope the owner of the trailer doesn't try to keep me away from my unicorn or try to hand out fees to me

mopar goddess

tan top

Ron
:iagree:  go get it   :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

myk

How is the place secured, with a padlock?  If so, buy a set of boltcutters and chop the lock of yourself.  A locksmith will ask questions and would probably refuse the job if you told him your story...

NHCharger

Quote from: bigroge1 on November 04, 2006, 11:48:48 PM
the guys name is LEON HELKA

This guy is nothing but bad news. He tried to scam me out of two door skins several years ago. When i finally got the doors they were not the ones he emailed pics of and one was so damaged I couldn't use it.
He's gone by several different names. Colorado Mopars, Leons Mopars.
Several years ago his wife Kimba was on Moparts a few weeks before xmas crying that her truck was broken in to and all the xmas presents for her kids were stolen. This was the same time I was trying to get my doors. Several members from moparts were actually sending her money. Between me and John (OneBadSuperbird) we figured out who this was and exposed their scam. These two are professional con artists, several members from the old board had problems with them.

They have moved since my dealings with them but this it some of the info i have.
Leon and Kim Helka. They sometimes use her maiden name Merritt.
former address 6985 Highway 36, Joes, CO. 80822
Phone #'s. 303-881-5127, 970-358-4391, 720-635-3080(Leon's cell #)
emails and ebay.
Iluvmy70plymouth@aol.com
timberwf38@hotmail.com
Coloradomopars@aol.com
Iluvmykids@hotmail.com or Iluvmytwokids@hotmail.com

They were both banned from moparts and the old DC site. They used several names, mystic night, justa318, luvmy70plymouth.
I believe we had a thread in the general section about con men and Leon's name came up more than once.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

Ron

I agree except, I would call the police and tell them your story first and then tell them you would like to have them there just incase someone thinks your robbing the place. Better then going to jail for trying to get your own car back.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger_Fan

Quote from: D' ChargerGuy on November 05, 2006, 08:43:06 AM

Ron

I agree except, I would call the police and tell them your story first and then tell them you would like to have them there just incase someone thinks your robbing the place. Better then going to jail for trying to get your own car back.
That's a good idea, just so you don't inadvertantly end up in cuffs. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

skip68

:police: :2thumbs: YES, Civil standby. 
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 05, 2006, 10:25:39 AM
Quote from: D' ChargerGuy on November 05, 2006, 08:43:06 AM
Call a locksmith, bring a tow truck and get your car. :yesnod:

Ron

That's a good idea, just so you don't inadvertantly end up in cuffs. :yesnod:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mean 318

Try every civil method you can! If need be, do what you have to to get that car! just be careful!

bigroge1

these are all good ideas guys :icon_smile_big: but what about my title its not in my name cuase it's an out of state title and the dmv said it needed inspection before i can get it in my name plus emissons but i thought 76 and up cars do not need emissions ???

yeah they moved from joes to elizabeth and to thorton and the latest leads i know is in commerce city 3590 brighton blvd commerce city co

mopar goddess

firefighter3931

You have the title and it is signed over...correct ? That being the case....the car is yours. You must also have a bill of sale ? That should satisfy any questions the police might have.  :yesnod: The guy that has posession of your car has no legal claim to it....go get it NOW.

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bigroge1

well that bill of sale was three years ago the only thing i have as of right now is the ebay positive feedback about the car and the ebay number so yeah probably i'll get the tow truck guy tomarrow and i also have pics of the car being in my garage and thats about it.

and do bolt cutters cut any kind of lock or should i just get a sledge hammer or a hack saw. i don't have a torch plus should i just call the owner of the property or just show up without giving him a heads up

mopar goddess

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

41husk

That does sound like some bad news,  Good luck and be carefull!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BigBlockSam

call the cops and go get your car ! sign charges against the guy that has your car for theft. that'll open his eyes up. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bigroge1

man this FOOKIN sucks i wish there was a better way to do this, if the guy won't let me in his lot then i will file any legal action ,so the question should i notify him that i will be coming to get my car or should i just show up in a surprise fashion

mopar goddess

Old Moparz

I once had a car in a body shop that I was having problems with, so I spoke to a lawyer. The first thing that he told me to do, was to get the car out, & worry about the lawsuit later. I did just that, & I was glad I did, because the shop was closed down & locked up for violating fire codes. The other cars inside were all taken in by a neighboring shop & charged storage & removal fees. Some people had their cars tied up for almost a year.

I don't know what you can, or can't do legally, but breaking into where your car is, sounds like it'll get you arrested. You definitely need to get it back, & reporting the car stolen might be a good idea, but that could backfire too. Saying the other guy stole it might "sound" like a plan, but if he retaliates & presses charges against you after proving it wasn't stolen, then you'll be the one in need of a lawyer. This guy sounds like a professional con artist, so chances are he'll have his own ass covered.

You really need to talk to the owner of the place where the car is stored. You have to tell him you'll pay to have the lock removed & replaced & need your car back. If he's agreeable, then make sure you have the paperwork proving the car is yours & do what others have said. Get a tow truck, a locksmith & just get the car. If the owner gives you permission to let the locksmith open up, then there shouldn't be a problem.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Arthu®

This all sucks and I hope it all works out well, but why not ask the people that know the most about these things like cops or lawyers. I am pretty sure they have a much more valuable contribution to make to this than we.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

PocketThunder

so we are on day 3 here of what to do.  And it sounds like you keep asking questions but are not making any actions on getting the car back.  Now i'm just saying, if it were me i would have been there Saturday.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bigroge1

yeah i just wanted some info before i go up there today didn't wanna sound like an ass, i did go on saturday but he wasn't there only the caretaker and wasn't gonna be there until monday and im working right now

mopar goddess

69charger2002

yeah go get the car. add me to the list of people who got screwed by "leon's mopars". i got a pair or 72 rallye doors for a buddy of mine, they were total junk and got KILLED in shipping as well thanks to them only being wrapped once in cellophane
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

BigBlockSam

the longer you wait the worst it will become . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bigroge1

well i've been FOOKED in my A#@ the owner said he never seen any like that and he would never store any car of his in his lot so i'm pressing charges or unless if hes reading this I WANT MY CHARGER BACK and they will be dropped if i get it back. otherwise i'm gonna press charges

man im so pissed my dream car is gone, i have no charger any more........

mopar goddess

Mean 318

Time to kick some ass!!!!!!!! Good luck! :icon_smile_blackeye:

twilt

Good luck getting your car back. Do you have sufficent documentation to even prove it is yours?

I must been one of the fortunate ones in dealing with him. I bought some 71-72 R/T-Rallye tail light lenses from him on ebay a couple years ago. The price was good and he shipped them quickly. On the other hand........... I`ve been treated like dirt and screwed over by another member here that others give accolades to....go figure! 

bigroge1

man this fookin sucks i'm still looking for more documents and i'm debatin on if should i buy another charger or work on my truck {97 gmc pick up}

mopar goddess

PocketThunder

:scope: :ahum:  now you are thinking about forgetting the whole deal and moving on? ...? 
i'll be the first skeptic to this whole story... :scratchchin:                                                                                                        :icon_bs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bigroge1

well i know how he scams, he'll change the charger along the vin numbers from previous chargers, already filed a report and officer stated that the only way it can be found if he was driving with the vin on the car so it's gone along with some other guys judge or unless some miracle this happens but im still pressing charges

mopar goddess

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 07, 2006, 01:49:59 PM
:scope: :ahum:  now you are thinking about forgetting the whole deal and moving on? ...? 
i'll be the first skeptic to this whole story... :scratchchin:                                                                                                        :icon_bs:
Hmmm... :popcrn:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 07, 2006, 03:55:57 PM

Hey Grant, got any extra popcorn? I have some beer already if you want one?  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 07, 2006, 04:19:29 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 07, 2006, 03:55:57 PM

Hey Grant, got any extra popcorn? I have some beer already if you want one?  :D
Sure, I can share! It's wierd, I've been munching on this bag for a long time now & it never seems to go down... :popcrn: ... :D

bigroge1

:icon_smile_blackeye: well does anyobdy want a list of  previous listings on anything else by LEON HELKA cuase i got a shit loads of it. skeptical that i wasted 7 grand for nothing is bullsh#@ anything else i should do other than pressing charges and tracking the person down

mopar goddess

NHCharger

Quote from: bigroge1 on November 07, 2006, 04:56:23 PM
:icon_smile_blackeye: well does anyobdy want a list of  previous listings on anything else by LEON HELKA cuase i got a shit loads of it.

In your first post wasn't he the person you referred to as a "friend"?  For 7g's I'd be doing the Burger King drive by on him.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

twilt

Quote from: bigroge1 on November 07, 2006, 03:23:23 PM
well i know how he scams, he'll change the charger along the vin numbers from previous chargers,

Quote from: bigroge1 on November 04, 2006, 11:48:48 PM
well heres the scoop............. me and my buddy...............

You call him your buddy but you also "know the way he scams" 
I suppose  its too late to suggest being more selective in picking your friends.
Regardless, good luck in getting your car back.

bigroge1

Quote from: NHCharger on November 07, 2006, 08:08:01 PM
Quote from: bigroge1 on November 07, 2006, 04:56:23 PM
:icon_smile_blackeye: well does anyobdy want a list of  previous listings on anything else by LEON HELKA cuase i got a shit loads of it.

In your first post wasn't he the person you referred to as a "friend"?  For 7g's I'd be doing the Burger King drive by on him.
i'm gonna jihad his a$$

mopar goddess

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

andy74

this thread is reaching its maximum bull shit level very quickly,dude if its your car quit crying like a bitch and go get it,or are you the scammer?

moparguy01

Quote from: andy74 on November 11, 2006, 10:20:26 PM
this thread is reaching its maximum bull shit level very quickly,dude if its your car quit crying like a bitch and go get it,or are you the scammer?

Gotta go with Andy on this. If its your car dont bitch about it, go get it. its your car, you have the title for it and other paperwork. Go physically remove it from where he has it.

derailed

Quote from: andy74 on November 11, 2006, 10:20:26 PM
:iagree:  Go in there like Joe Pesci and get the fu*&in thing already. If it were mine I wouldnt have time to even be on here until its home.

CFMopar

especially after drop 7gs on it.. Go bust it out or bust his knees.. He cant get to a phone if u break his knees...
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Silver R/T

when are you gonna go get it? did you even try?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

DarkAngel0816

Interesting on how no reply to Silver's question.

Don't noone get in my way to my car.  I beat some arse if this would have happened to me.  Would not have spent time whining about it online.
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

red72chrgr

Nothing personal, just business