News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trying to check lakewood bellhousing runout

Started by emanscharger, October 02, 2006, 08:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanscharger

Hope I can get some help here. I'm tyring to correct misalignment in my lakewood bellhousing..i have a big block..i have the .021 pins in and I'm still coming up with a best reading of .016..for a total of .008.  does the runout really have to be a total of .005? keisler says it does. this is for a tremec. I've opened up the bellhousing holes to give more room for the housing to move around..I've tried slightly loosining the bolts and smacking it with a rubber mallet the way it needs to go..still not working! I've been at this thing for a week and a half..I've already machined it for header clearence..do you guys think I need another bellhousing? or can I get some addvice to gain a few more thousanths of an inch? 

Chryco Psycho

NIce , at .008 you Should be OK to move it further you would have to mess with the alignment holes int he bell by grinding one side & welding the other side of the hole  or have even more offset dowels machined

emanscharger

thank you for your reply..are you saying I may be able to have the dowels made with more of an off set?

mikes68charger

Hey, i just found a 3 page artical in a old mag that covers align your scattershield. I tried to scan it and post it on this site but I can only scan in PDF or TIF, IF you want it I can fax it to you or maybe email it, Let me know.

emanscharger

thanks for the response guys..i got the bell housing squared away! I bought the ez adjustable dowel pins..summit has them..there a must if your using your blockplate.

Chryco Psycho

RobbMc

Quote from: emanscharger on October 03, 2006, 09:24:42 PM
thanks for the response guys..i got the bell housing squared away! I bought the ez adjustable dowel pins..summit has them..there a must if your using your blockplate.

RobbMc makes the EZ adjustable dowels for Lakewood. We also sell them direct from our website:

http://www.robbmcperformance.com/products/dowels.html