News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new daily driver

Started by duo-stripe, November 01, 2006, 05:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duo-stripe

My new daily driver has arrived; 1972 Plymouth Duster; bought it from the Sumrall-family from Houston. We picked it up in the port of Zeebrugge, Belgium yesterday. I have attached a pic of Dusty, together with my girl's 68 Charger.
I want to thank Teddy and Veronica Sumrall and Troy Hawkes for getting Dusty on a ship to Europe!
thanks again and best regards,
Marcel
the Netherlands
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

Charger_Fan

Good looking Duster. :thumbs: Is that red or pink?

Your girl drives that '68 Charger? That's COOL!! :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

that's a sweet duo Duo...  :yesnod: ;)

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

SeattleCharger

Think those cars are rare here in the U.S.?   Hard to imagine owning a '68 and '72 Duster in Belguim, that must be a trip man,   I mean, that would be awesome to own a charger in Europe, in the Netherlands.    Did you grow up in US?   Just curious is all, where/how did you start liking old Mopars?   

Nice cars,    :thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

duo-stripe

Wel..the hobby started with a 68 Charger in 2001. 318 car, 340 X heads. A few goodies. Sold it to buy my original paint 4-speed 69 RoadRunner.
A year ago I let a girl drive my car. A few months later she was my girlfriend. She wanted to buy a charger and we found this White Hat Special in Holland and bought it.
This july I was visiting Troy Hawkes ( "hemi68charger") in Houston and we have met his buddy Teddy, who eventually sold me the Duster. The Duster was shipped and we have picked it up this week!
It needs some polishing  ;D but it is a FE5 rally red car!

Lizzy

Don't let him fool you... This Duster is PINK:yesnod:
;)

duo-stripe

hemi68charger

Well Well Well...... Looks like the relationship is off to a great start...........  Marcel, did you see Julie's new ride?.. lol

Hello there Lisa..............  Hope you're keeping Marcel in place......

Glad to have helped.............

Greetz,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

duo-stripe

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 06, 2006, 10:33:14 PM
Well Well Well...... Looks like the relationship is off to a great start...........  Marcel, did you see Julie's new ride?.. lol

Greetz,
Troy

;D
Yep, Julie is in to the MoParbusiness allright!
But Troy..watch out...in 15 years she will be crying for the '68!

SeattleCharger

Quote from: duo-stripe on November 02, 2006, 03:58:30 PM

It needs some polishing  ;D but it is a FE5 rally red car!

Hi, here are a couple pics of a friend's car I buffed the paint and waxed.  One before pic and two after, hope I didn't need to say which pic is which, heh.   

That paint can look sweet if it is original factory paint, with the right products and method, you can make it look close to new,  

SeattleCharger

Here's one that shows the difference in the way the color looks.   (These pics were taken on the same day, before and after. I didn't mess with them in photoshp, except to resize and chop them, some of the difference may be the angle of lighting of sun, but mostly from the buffing, just had a lot of oxidation on it, but factory paint is good, and is still good under the oxidation.)

MorePwr

Dang I guess it will buff out!  Hey Nate, You wanna come over and wax my charger? ;D

SeattleCharger

Quote from: MorePwr on November 07, 2006, 01:18:26 PM
Dang I guess it will buff out!  Hey Nate, You wanna come over and wax my charger? ;D

Sure, I'll pick it up on Friday afternoon and bring it back to ya Monday,  :icon_smile_big:

MorePwr

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on November 07, 2006, 01:23:22 PM
Quote from: MorePwr on November 07, 2006, 01:18:26 PM

Sure, I'll pick it up on Friday afternoon and bring it back to ya Monday,  :icon_smile_big:

Ok! Cool! I'll get the battery charged up. :thumbs: ;D

Lizzy

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 06, 2006, 10:33:14 PM

Greetz,
Troy

Troy,

Little Julie is so cute! And she's only drewling because you were probably wearing a Hemi shirt...or because you promised her a ride in your Charger...  ;)

The Duster is a really cool car, I especially like the color  ;D

duo-stripe

o.k. o.k... I admit..she needs some polishing. So we know what to do next weekend!

Charger_Fan

Hey Lizzie, how 'bout some more pics of your Charger? Looks like it's pretty good, from what I've seen in these pics. :icon_smile:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)