News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FOUND!!!! Ebays BIGGEST Moron

Started by Hemidoug, November 03, 2006, 12:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

Well, it took a while, but I found ebays biggest jackoff! Just think, you too can be the lucky owner of this original 67-71 R/T emblem for the tidy sum of 85.00. Yep this beauty only needs re-chroming, re-painting, and a stud replaced, but at least it's ORIGINAL. This guy needs to have the crap beat out of him just on general principles!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-1967-1971-Charger-Coronet-Super-Bee-R-T-Emblem_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33643QQihZ005QQitemZ150034682872QQrdZ1

And check out this dash emblem as well (NOT). Yep, you got it...fits 67-71 as well! Maybe someone should send him a picture of a 71 trunklid to give this idiot a clue.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-1966-1971-Dodge-Charger-Front-Dash-Emblem-WOW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33643QQihZ005QQitemZ150034687471QQrdZ1

What a freaking MORON!

Rant over....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

greenrt_se

and I give my original emblems from my R/T SE to my children to play whit them ::) ;D

41husk

that is mild compared to some of the crap on ebay!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

6670charger

Doesn't quite stack up against the idiot recently who was auctioning off a pair of second gen rear quarters for $14K, stating that only those who had documented, original R/T cars need apply, since anything else just wasn't worthy of his fine wares. 

Then, after some public ridicule, procedes to declare actual war on anyone who made derogatory comments!

It will be darned difficult, if not impossible, to beat him as not only Ebay's, but, anyone else's biggest MORON.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

Hemidoug

I missed that one. I am so amazed at the shear brazen attitude of some of these people. It really has gotten out of control. No wonder humankind is in such deep crap. It just seems like there is no end to this GREED. I have to believe this is a joke, cause if he is serious he needs help....

Ghoste

Greed AND the constant media glorification of overpriced Mopars.

rt green

the ad says ....you will not find an origial like this one....  yet it says 15 are avalible
third string oil changer

Charger74

Quote from: rt green on November 03, 2006, 01:51:54 PM
the ad says ....you will not find an origial like this one....  yet it says 15 are avalible

I was wondering if anyone else would see that.  It says that on both auctions.  This guy really is a tool....

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Hemidoug

Ya know what, at least the guy had listed something usefull and had some knowledge of the cars/hobby. I know the price was out of wack, but he knew what he had and there is no doubt they would be usefull to someone. The guy in the ebay ad I listed is just plain STUPID. I agree his tone was over the top, but I'm sure he got a lot of hate mail over the price (our old friend envy meeting up with greed again). I'm sure those quarters will find a home eventually. The MORON I listed didn't have a CLUE. Thanks for the link!!!

whitehatspecial

I will go one step further. The person that buys that emblem is ebay's biggest moron and I  wouldn't be surprised if it does sell.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

daytonalo

The way I look at it is two-fold , as much as e-bay has helped the car hobby it has hurt it just as bad . The problem is that now every jerkoff thinks his pile of rust is worth a mint . I cant tell how many times I approached the owner of a car I would see sitting in a Field or next to a house and the owner now thinks his pile of rust is worth a fortune because of e-bay or Barrett jackson . They fail to realize money it takes to get a car to that level !

71_deputy

MAYBE IF IT WAS RECHROMED, Cleaned and had the posts it would be worth $85.00- but it's just a piece to put on the tool box!!!!!! :laugh:
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

daytonalo

Got to give the guy an A for effort , its all in the marketing !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hemidoug

Quote from: daytonalo on November 03, 2006, 05:00:46 PM

I was thinking more like A for ASSHOLE. Just got to love these buttwipes who come late to the party. Maybe I should start selling NOS air for tires and NOS water for the engine......No wonder this hobby is headed into the toilet!

Manfred318

Quote from: Hemidoug on November 03, 2006, 05:07:30 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on November 03, 2006, 05:00:46 PM

I was thinking more like A for ASSHOLE. Just got to love these buttwipes who come late to the party. Maybe I sould start selling NOS air for tires and NOS water for the engine......

:iagree: :haha:   
I thaught I was doing good by getting $20 for the one I had. ;)

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

dkn1997

that auction was so stupid that I think my IQ actually dropped several points from just reading it.
RECHRGED

nitrometal

Did you guys see an Ebay ad a few months ago when a guy had the letters "Plymouth" that go across the tail end? They were NOS in the original sealed package. He wanted $99.00 for each letter and he had each letter listed as a seperate auction.   :eek:    I don't remember if he sold them or not.  I'm not in the market for something like that so I have no clue but I thought that was outrageous at $800.00 for the whole set.
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Ghoste

It is outrageous and I hope he still owns them.

twilt

Quote from: dkn1997 on November 03, 2006, 07:27:32 PM
that auction was so stupid that I think my IQ actually dropped several points from just reading it.
:iagree:

6pkrunner

While these are glaring examples of things gone wrong, both these auctions are indicators of out hobby overall. When a new record price is set, some other greedy individual naturally sets the bar a noth (or three) higher for the next auction. The sad part is that there are those individuals who will pay it and run home with their treasures. Now all they did was set the bar higher for the next poor slob that comes along looking to finish off a project car. Anyone really think that 3/4 of the original parts, and reproduction pieces are really worth what we are paying for them?
As the example in another thread of a Mustang front valance for little coin. If it were Mopar - look out. And yes, its all gravy if you are in the selling end of things. But look out if you want to buy something.

Sorry for the rant, but the hobby is going beyond my grasp and it pi$$es me off.

That said, patience and going through all the For Sale sections over and over and over....... does yield some good and fair deals. Not all sellers are gougers, some are true enthusiasts.

Hemidoug

You should see all the other overpriced crap he has! Go to his store and check it out, you will get a good laugh. Try this one, the highest price I've ever seen for Super Bee rear bezels....Those things are $50.00 ON A GOOD DAY! You couldn't guess what he wants before you get there!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-1969-SUPER-BEE-REAR-BEZELS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33716QQihZ005QQitemZ150035301452QQtcZphoto

Mean 318

AKcharger

Supply and demand, Heck I might put up like a locking gas cap for $1500...if someone buys it great

Ghoste

Well if you get 1500, I'm putting mine up for 3500.  :icon_smile_big: