News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door weathershields for Chargers- same as Coronets?

Started by 69chargerrt, November 10, 2006, 02:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerrt

I'm needing to replace my door weathershields on my '69 Charger, which are completely missing (and the inner door panels suffered horribly because of this).     I was told REM makes these watershields so I got ahold of them about it,  and they do have them- but not specifically for Chargers. The closest thing they have them for (both quarters and doors) is for 66-70 Coronets.  They THINK that because both cars are B-bodies, that they should fit '69 Chargers.   Does anyone know this for sure or not?       And I mean will they fit exactly, no trimming?    If I have to trim then I might as well cut out my own anyway...

Thanks!

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

Ghoste

69chargerrt

Quote from: Ghoste on November 10, 2006, 03:03:17 PM
Yes, they are the same.

Really?  I had thought that there was a difference with the size/positioning of the armrests.....    thanks, though!

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

Ghoste

Okay, I completely misunderstood you.  I thought you were talking about the rubber weatherstrip that goes around the outside edge of the door and you are talking about the plastic sheet that goes between the inner door panel and the steel door proper.
Now I have to recant and say that I have no clue.  Sorry about that.

phat69charger

You can make your own, my friend is making mines out of the thin clear marine window film, you can also buy the clear vinyl film they sell at Wal-mart for covering dining room chairs it's pretty thick just like the marine stuff.

69chargerrt

Quote from: phat69charger on November 11, 2006, 08:29:18 PM
You can make your own, my friend is making mines out of the thin clear marine window film, you can also buy the clear vinyl film they sell at Wal-mart for covering dining room chairs it's pretty thick just like the marine stuff.
Yea that's probably what I'll wind up doing-just make my own.    I just don't believe that the Coronet watershields will fit Chargers- at least not without some alterations.

'69 Dodge Charger R/T