News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many people drive there Chargers in the winter?

Started by 41husk, November 01, 2006, 02:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

I drive my '68 Charger R/T all year 'round.
The Dana with a sure-grip and big 'ol studded tires does a really nice job of getting me through the drifts.
And as my car was optioned with the rear window defroster and block heater, it was purpose-built for our sub-arctic climate.
I find putting a couple of sandbags, a shovel, a set of booster cables and a big bag of salt in the trunk actually helps with traction on the slippery roads!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

TK73

I did until the blower motor went out... haven't felt like fixin it...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

41husk

Quote from: Magnumcharger on November 02, 2006, 08:01:14 PM
The Dana with a sure-grip and big 'ol studded tires does a really nice job of getting me through the drifts.
And as my car was optioned with the rear window defroster and block heater, it was purpose-built for our sub-arctic climate.
I find putting a couple of sandbags, a shovel, a set of booster cables and a big bag of salt in the trunk actually helps with traction on the slippery roads!
I think I would go with a big bag of sand or gravel, I keep to keep salt as far away from my car as I can :o
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: 41husk on November 03, 2006, 08:08:03 AM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on November 02, 2006, 08:01:14 PM
I think I would go with a big bag of sand or gravel, I keep to keep salt as far away from my car as I can :o

Had a buddy who parked his '66 396 SS 4-speed Chevelle with a bag of salt in the trunk for several years.  It was an UGLY sight.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

6670charger

I'm from NE WI, so I normally have to park mine for the winter.  However, I'm living in GA this winter due to an Active Duty tour, and I brought my Charger with me.  I'm driving her all year round this year. :boogie: :boogie:
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

BlueSS454

Can't drive the Charger in the winter since it's not done yet, but I will from time to time take one of my Chevelles out in the winter.  I used my 70 SS to go to work for a week in January when my daily driver went down for a few days....yes on the cold, salty roads of NJ.  I even took my 70 SS to the Washington, DC World of Wheels in January in the snow/rain, that was no fun.
Tom Rightler

gnrl01

Iowa here...nope General is sleeping shhhhhhh.... :pity:

ChargerRob

I drive my Charger all year round. You just gotta love So Cal.  :METAL:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

sunroofsuperbird

Oh Yea I love driving mine in the winter. Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow. The more snow the better. we only get maybe 2 good snow a year here and I am usually at work and miss the best part. maybe this year will be different. if So I will make sure to get some better pics.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

PocketThunder

Quote from: sunroofsuperbird on November 06, 2006, 08:33:50 PM
Oh Yea I love driving mine in the winter. Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow. The more snow the better. we only get maybe 2 good snow a year here and I am usually at work and miss the best part. maybe this year will be different. if So I will make sure to get some better pics.

Holy Crap!!! :o

I havent winterized my 68 just yet.  but snow fall is just around the corner, then its stopping time.  My 69 is still in hibernation though from 3 years ago already. :'(  (someday ol buddy......someday)
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."