News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SHOW OFF YOUR TOYBOX

Started by daytonalo, October 31, 2006, 08:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparman01

Quote from: daytonalo on November 01, 2006, 10:41:43 PM
I live in NJ and run my boat in Delaware and Maryland on the Chesapeake. My buddy has a old convincer he just repowered with a 540 , it runs OK for a pleasure boat . Don't waste your money on a late model gtx, just buy a old convincer , strip off the windshield, paint it up , install a hp 500 engine package . What I'm trying to say , I hate cookie cutter anything , make it one of kind .I race and pleasure my boat , and on regular basis spank guys who go out and spend well over 100k , they will catch up to me at a bar and say WHAT THE F>>>>>

I'm up in upstate NY, i do all my boating on the Finger Lakes, mostly Seneca cuz it's the closest. There used to be a late 80's Convincor a couple docks down from where i grew up that had a Gentry Turbo big block in it and ran in the mid to upper 80's top speed, what a boat! Right now there's a gorgeous '91 GTX Convincor for sale just down the road from my house, i've really had to fight the urge to trade my Enchanter for this thing but they want $22,500 for it but it has the 502 under the hatch, it's a little more than i want to spend plus i don't have room for it. There's quite a few Checkmate guys down in your area, does your buddy ever post on the Checkmate community forum web site?? To bad the season for boating is all over for us in the northeast, mines all winterized and put away, won't be back out till May, sucks doesn't it?

Brock Samson

small stuff

Brock Samson

because size matters...  :icon_smile_wink:

rickhemi

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 01, 2006, 07:46:27 PM
Quote from: rickhemi on November 01, 2006, 06:46:22 PM
Thanks!!!   you've  seen nothing, look how good looks with a black mopar on top.....
Hey, those two 68's were on eGouge a year or two ago, we had a couple rather large ---> :drool5: <--- threads going on them. ;D

Did/do you restore them?
the black one yes, I restored it, the dark grey one was like that when I got it, just did some clean. ;D eGouge?
Rick<br />charger 69RT HEMI

rickhemi

and this one, I restored it too, was my first charger

BB1

I'll play... hence my name, 340 Auto on the floor. 1 of 1,788 made in 1970.  :icon_smile_tongue:
Delete my profile

daytonalo

I have restored many cars and that black charger looks slick . Please tell me what size tires and rims on that car .
                                                                                               Larry

NHCharger

Quote from: Moparman01 on November 01, 2006, 07:24:37 PM
Right now i currently have a 21' Checkmate Enchanter. It's powered by a stone stock MerCruiser 350 and runs around 65 mph. Future plans call for either a stronger motor for the Enchanter, say a 383 stroker (i can't beleive i'm talking chevys but thats all we have to work with in the marine world) or possibly trading up to a bigger Checkmate Convincor with a big block. Here's a couple pics of my boat...

I use to be into boats. I also had a Checkmate Enchanter. Same engine. I ran a 23" pitch clever prop and had a nosecone on the lower unit. In the spring and fall with the cooler temps I could get 75 MPH out of it. Had to sell all my toys during the recession of 92, had a family to feed.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

rickhemi

Quote from: daytonalo on November 02, 2006, 07:08:54 PM
I have restored many cars and that black charger looks slick . Please tell me what size tires and rims on that car .
                                                                                               Larry
fronts 235/60 R15....rears are 295/50 R15 , and no, they dont rub anywhere, always use same combo in my chargers, just love the looks of wider tires ...

Charger_Fan

Quote from: rickhemi on November 02, 2006, 05:58:52 PM
;D eGouge?

Aaah, nothing aimed at you, it's just my own pet name for Ebag...ummm...errr...Ebay.  :icon_smile_big:

I'm impressed, both those cars are just beautiful!
Have you restored the red '69 too?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Bob

MorePwr

You guys think finding parts for Chargers can be a challenge? try one of these

skip68

Hey MorePwr, what kind of MPG do you get with that ??   :icon_smile_big:  And is that your driveway? ? :icon_smile_big:          Chuck..............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MorePwr

Quote from: skip68 on November 03, 2006, 11:17:43 AM
Hey MorePwr, what kind of MPG do you get with that ??   :icon_smile_big:  And is that your driveway? ? :icon_smile_big:          Chuck..............

Easier to measure in Gallons per mile ;D    Yup that's the driveway to the cabin

daytonalo

That is bad , where do you live ?

MorePwr

Quote from: daytonalo on November 03, 2006, 12:04:53 PM
That is bad , where do you live ?

The cabin is near Snoqualmie pass WA.

Aero426

My new 36 x 23 garage.     

Blown70

Charger_Fan

Quote from: DougSchellinger on November 06, 2006, 04:00:38 PM
My new 36 x 23 garage.     

Looks like you're filling it up with some pretty decent stuff! ;D

Your backyard garage pic sorta reminds me of this guy's little toy box. Don't know who he is, but it sure looks cozy.  :icon_smile_big:

Same story here, don't know who's this is, I just like it. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BlueSS454

My 70 SS454 Chevelle:

My 69 Malibu:

69 Charger in Progress:

My 68 Malibu 4 Door Sport Sedan:

70 Malibu Convertible:

86 Cutlass (Daily Driver)

69 Cutlass S:

Tom Rightler

Todd Wilson

Schuler

Those boats look like fun. Makes me want a real bassboat (at 28 mph, it takes me awhile to get between fishing spots) I need a boat that takes my horsepower x10 (at least)
-Zach Schuler
1969 Charger RT/SE 14.091 @ 98.25 (spinning)
1997 Cherokee Sport 4x4 16.057 @ 84
1956 D-100 Pickup
http://www.cardomain.com/id/schuler

MorePwr

69Coronet

Heres mine
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

69bronzeT5

:cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic