News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

could someone tell me what this tag is??

Started by duo-stripe, November 05, 2006, 04:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duo-stripe

I recently bought a 72 Duster. I have got a lot of paperwork, bills etc. from the former owners.
I also got a plastic bag with this tag in it..
could anyone tell me what it is? I think it was placed under the fendertag but I am not sure..

thanks, Marcel
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

Alaskan_TA

It is an inspection tag. As each part of the car was inspected those tags were either punched or had a section removed like yours.

Barry

duo-stripe

thanks for the quick reply! Were these tags fixed together with the fendertag or were they put with the servicemanual?

Alaskan_TA

They were under the fender tag. it looks like yours was attached with the front fender tag screw. You can hold it under your tag and see where the paint line shows up to know for sure.

Barry

duo-stripe

Thanks, I am gonna work on the car tomorrow; gonna put it back were it belongs.

Ghoste

Of course, by the look of it, two sections of your car were never approved for shipping so who knows how dangerous it could be to drive this Duster.
Hey, maybe you can retro-sue DCX for warranty issues!

duo-stripe

it'll sure be safer than the car I am driving at this moment so I am not afraid for the Duster  ;D