News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

THE BUMPER BOYS

Started by Steve P., October 21, 2006, 12:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Quote from: Steve P. on October 21, 2006, 12:02:41 PM
I lost the business card they gave me from last year.

From the responses in reference to "Bummer Boys"....that's not necessarily a bad thing, Steve  :icon_smile_big:

I've heard many good comments about Tri-City, both here and on other boards. I'll get a pair from them at some point for the 70 r/t  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Back N Black

Hey Firefighter3931, There's a good Chrome shop in Bells corners on Robertson Road its a Biker shop but they will chrome anything.I have a friend that have used them on many occasions with good results.

bill440rt

Quote from: BlueSS454 on October 21, 2006, 11:06:58 PM
Show Chrome is nothing more than a fancy terminology used by a plater to get top dollar for what they do.  Triple plating is the only way to go (IE what Tri-City does).  They will fix any dents or bends in the bumper also.  Some places take short cuts (IE the Bumper Boyz) skipping  one of the plating processes thusly making their plating suck and not last.

In the references to "show chrome", YES, there most certainly IS a difference. You get what you pay for.
In agreement to the vast majority in this post, I've heard nothing but bad things from friends who have used the Bumper Boys. Stay away. I even bought the repros for my '69 project, at least they come with a 5-year warranty.

I had all the plating done on my '70 R/T by top "show chromers." I used Frankford Plating & Martin's Plating, both out of PA. Not to brag, but the chrome is absolutely flawless. No waves, no ripples. Like looking thru a plate glass mirror. Sure, I paid out the whazzoo for this, but I've been very happy with the chrome work. However, I won't use them again, only due to the price. VERY expensive, but flawless work.

Paul's Chrome is also very good. I have seen their work, & know people that have used them. They advertise in Hemmings, & also specialize in show chrome.

It all depends what kind of car you're building: driver, race car, weekend show cruiser, or concours resto.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69 OUR/TEA

bill440rt could'nt have said it any better. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: I had the bumpers done on my 68 coronet 440,that were perfectly straight and rust free,just slightly faded.A place in RI did them for me,the chrome is absolutelt beautiful,but some slighly visible grind marks and ripples now are in them.I paid 250.00 a bumper,like bill said,you get what you pay for.The sad part is I would have paid whatever to make them as near perfect as possible.But to be honest,nobody has ever picked it out on it yet,so I geuss most would be happy with this quality.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Back N Black on October 22, 2006, 07:35:29 PM
Hey Firefighter3931, There's a good Chrome shop in Bells corners on Robertson Road its a Biker shop but they will chrome anything.I have a friend that have used them on many occasions with good results.

Hey BnB....i didn't realize you were from this area....cool  :icon_smile_cool: Most of the local shops in this area that take in brightwork send it down to Montreal. I had some motorcycle stuff done by Gary's Custom cycle and he admitted, after several delays, that my parts were in Montreal. He had initially told me that he was doing it....but you know how that goes  :P Thanks for the tip....i might give them a call.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chargerdude70

Bumper Boys :down:, A friend of mine bought a set Both for for his Fury Convert and H.T. On for a couple weeks, both sets are peeling.

Shakey

For those that are interested:

http://www.custom-chrome.com/

Located about an hour and a bit West of Toronto, ON.  It looks as though they are interested in some US business as they have an address in NY State where you could most likely ship your parts and have them handle the customs paperwork.

I personally have not used their services (yet), but Dodge Don had sent some pieces to them and was pleased with the results.  Not 100% sure if he was pleased with the prices, but I know he liked the looks of his chrome pieces for his '70 once he got them back.

If you ask him nicely, he might post some photos.   :yesnod:

Steve P.

Just received an email back from TRI_CITY. $325.00 each and $45 - $60. to ship them back, each..

Bumper Boys where about the same price last year.

It sounds like the BB have lousy quality control now. That's too bad. They had 2 sets of bumpers for my car last year.  Who else stocks bumpers for a 65' Coronet??   :rotz:  Shame....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

brant

YEP. Mine cracked and peeled – small piece but still!!!!!!!!!!