News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 red RT HEMI conversion

Started by rickhemi, October 31, 2006, 06:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickhemi

Hi folks I am new to this site, just wanted to share pics of my charger I just fisnished, go to
http://transamflorida.com/HEMICHARGER.htm
still working on some things, I need a 3 speed wiper motor . Interior was all redone.
Any thoughts feel free to reply
Rick
Rick<br />charger 69RT HEMI

4402tuff4u

Welcome aboard!! Nice and sweet Charger guy!!! Give us some more details and more photos!! :wave:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Hemidoug

Nice car! One question...why are the air cleaner studs sideways? What kind of intake/carb set up are you running?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Charger_Fan

Top notch!!  :drool5:

Is the disc brake swap a SSBC set?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Very nice looking ride there!

Welcome to the site & if you havent registered yet, please do!

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rickhemi

Thanks averybody for your comments!  I uploaded some pictures here:

click here: http://transamflorida.com/HEMICHARGER.htm

Love this car, I had 4 chargers in the last 4 years 3 1968's and this my 1st 69.
Rick

rickhemi

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Old Moparz

That's a beautiful car, I love it.  :2thumbs:

With the exception of the Hemi & the luggage rack, it's almost a duplicate of the first Charger I had in the early 80's. Red, black top, chrome magnums, & also a 69.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Hemidog

What a beauty!
what kind of undercoating did you use?

rickhemi

Quote from: Hemidoug on October 31, 2006, 06:44:02 PM
Nice car! One question...why are the air cleaner studs sideways? What kind of intake/carb set up are you running?
I am not sure , do they go in a different position? It has a mopar single intake with an edelbrock carb. I t runs good but I heard that holley is better for this car. Any suggestions?

rickhemi

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 31, 2006, 07:28:07 PM

stainless steel brakes. The only thing I don't like is they are hard since Hemis did not have power booster, correct? but I would like to have power brakes, I will probably do it in the future.

rickhemi

Quote from: Hemidog on November 01, 2006, 12:34:10 PM
What a beauty!
what kind of undercoating did you use?
Car was perfect original underneath, at least I think it was  original, probably was ziebarted at some point in the past, I am not sure, but anyway I  did not touch theundercoated parts,  I cleaned and repainted with a special paint that prevent rust and looks very nice, I like those show room clear coat jobs on teh undercarriage but honestly  I did this car to drive it and enjoy it, with no fear of getting road debris damaging it, so now is all black uderneath.

Hemidoug

Quote from: rickhemi on November 01, 2006, 03:33:58 PM
Quote from: Hemidoug on October 31, 2006, 06:44:02 PM
I am not sure , do they go in a different position? It has a mopar single intake with an edelbrock carb. I t runs good but I heard that holley is better for this car. Any suggestions?

This is what it should look like.

Note that the location of the ac studs go fore and aft, not side by side.

Hemidoug

Quote from: rickhemi on November 01, 2006, 03:47:04 PM

stainless steel brakes. The only thing I don't like is they are hard since Hemis did not have power booster, correct? but I would like to have power brakes, I will probably do it in the future.

Some Hemis did have power brakes as an option. Super trac pac cars came with power disc brakes as well as 410 Dana and heavy duty cooling. There is a special bracket used to offset the booster away from the valve covers. See the picture I posted of my engine compartment above.

daytonalo

Nice silver car , one of the nicest engine bays if seen , that said why on earth would you not have a correct battery ? At least paint the battery black , you wont be drawn to a black one vs a bright green one .

Hemidoug

Quote from: daytonalo on November 01, 2006, 05:24:02 PM
Nice silver car , one of the nicest engine bays if seen , that said why on earth would you not have a correct battery ? At least paint the battery black , you wont be drawn to a black one vs a bright green one .

That picture was taken when she was going together, I hadn't even put the hood on yet! I have the proper red cap battery in her now. I just needed to have something to start it back then.

rickhemi

Quote from: Hemidoug on November 01, 2006, 05:16:58 PM

Some Hemis did have power brakes as an option. Super trac pac cars came with power disc brakes as well as 410 Dana and heavy duty cooling. There is a special bracket used to offset the booster away from the valve covers. See the picture I posted of my engine compartment above.

can you tell me where can I find that set up for the booster?

daytonalo

I have seen a reproduction on e-bay numerous times

rickhemi

Quote from: rickhemi on November 01, 2006, 05:32:19 PM
Quote from: Hemidoug on November 01, 2006, 05:16:58 PM

can you tell me where can I find that set up for the booster?

also my air cleaner housing is hitting teh wiper motor...I know, I need the 3 speed one that is not as tall as the 2 speed, also looking for one, any idea where to find one in mint condition?

Hemidoug

I'm sure somone is re-poping that set up. Look in some of the Mopar mags and make some calls, I'm sure you will find something. Keep in mind the original setup requires BOTH the bracket AND the special booster. There is a different rod end to the booster. You might find an original, but expect to pay BIG$$$$$$ for a set up. I found that one 10-15 years ago and paid 500.00 back then. Expect to pay 1500 to 2k for one now.