News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 red RT HEMI conversion

Started by rickhemi, October 31, 2006, 06:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickhemi

damn, I know, I paid almost 2k for the date coded radiator, I know what you mean....expensive hobby we have here...
Rick<br />charger 69RT HEMI

Hemidoug

Quote from: rickhemi on November 01, 2006, 05:45:42 PM
damn, I know, I paid almost 2k for the date coded radiator, I know what you mean....expensive hobby we have here...

I'm curious about something. I hope you don't mind me asking, but why would you pay 2k for a date coded radiator for a clone? Don't get me wrong, you have a VERY nice car, and I have nothing against clones, but I don't understand why someone would go to that extreme for a clone. I would have gone with a nice aftermarket 4 core and saved the $$$ for some extra goodies. That is one of the good things about having a clone, you are not "obligated" to keep the car correct. That to me means a whole lot of artistic license. I had someone pay over 2500.00 for a clapped out 70 Hemi block for a clone Cuda. Not that I minded much, but I didn't understand it at the time. He could have bought a brand new block for 1800.00 and had a better motor (which, BTW is exactly what I did).
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

rickhemi

Thanks for your honest opinion, I believe you are somehow  right. I think I wanted to have an original radiator instead an aftermarket since you can see the codes and the chrysler logo on top of the radiator as soon as you open the hood, I don't now, I was obsessed at that time , I just wanted to make  mopar nuts at forst sight  that it was a real Hemi (as long as they did not see the VIN number of course)  .... thats why I looked for as many original parts as possible ...it si possible it will make my car more valuable? I hope so!

Hemidoug

Just remember one thing...value is in the eye of the buyer and seller. If you are into this hobby for the car, the value of your car can only be calculated based on your attachment to it. As for me, my cars are my life. When my life is over (or my legs give out), those left behind will do what they do with them. I couldn't part with them for any price. In the end it's what a buyer is willing to pay, not so much what a seller wants. I think those who have clones are lucky. They don't have to be paranoid about what they own, how they drive, and how to enjoy. People think I'm nuts for driving the crap out of an original Hemi car, but that is EXACTLY why they were made in the first place. I grab gears every time I take her out! I think nothing of doing big smoky burnouts! But that's me, I'm into the Hobby, not the $$$$$$. Have fun with your car, that's ALL that matters, not what someone else thinks. If it is your dream car, enjoy the crap out of it. Life is too short not to...... :icon_smile_big: At the end of the day, we still get to drive home a Hemi car. Now THAT"S what it's ALL about!!!!!

rickhemi

I agree 100% , I drive my cars and enjoy them, show them, etc... this cars are ment to be driven... anyway, knowing the market value of my charger  will prove my wife is not a waste money...lol.

Hemidoug

Before I got married, I gave my wife a choice...Bars or cars! :icon_smile_evil: Guess which one she chose! :icon_smile_big: