News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ChargerDog and 3X terrorize the streets of Kent, WA

Started by triple_green, October 30, 2006, 08:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple_green

Saturday night SeattleChargerDog came over and we terrorized the backroads fo Kent. It was fun and Nate wanted to try out a 440 with the  holley 770 street avenger. We got to talk Chargers and check conditions under different acceleration rates   ::) :icon_smile_evil:

Here's a picture of the R/T SE coming out of hybernation. BTW, Nate found the tilt seat feature I didn't even realize the Charger had.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

bull

triple_green

Mefirst

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: triple_green on October 30, 2006, 08:21:38 PM
BTW, Nate found the tilt seat feature I didn't even realize the Charger had.

3X

A 6-way seat?   You didnt know it had one?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

triple_green

the 69 is F3

the 68 is 66-1 F8

The seat tilts as well as slides is that a 6-way?

Sorry didn't get any "burn out" pictures. Nate may have some more at the house.

3X

Shakey

So where does the "terrorize" part come in - did you try to run down some little old ladies or do some doughnuts on Main St.?   :D

Cool car!

triple_green

We were trying out different throttle levels at various locations.

This was a scientific experiement to gauge the carb response characteristics at different throttle levels (mostly full).

3X

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: triple_green on October 31, 2006, 10:02:33 AM
the 69 is F3

the 68 is 66-1 F8

The seat tilts as well as slides is that a 6-way?

Sorry didn't get any "burn out" pictures. Nate may have some more at the house.

3X
The 6-way seat looks like this....
It has 2 chrome knobs for tilting & sliding
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

triple_green

Charger_Fan

Quote from: triple_green on October 31, 2006, 12:01:26 PM
We were trying out different throttle levels at various locations.

This was a scientific experiement to gauge the carb response characteristics at different throttle levels (mostly full).

3X
Sounds like the driver may have been attempting to flatten the passenger's eyeballs too. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: triple_green on October 31, 2006, 12:33:47 PM
That's it. is it a rare option?
Pretty much so.  A lot of SE optioned cars got them.  I added it to my R/T.
Its not coded on the fendertag....only on the broadcast sheet
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: triple_green on October 31, 2006, 10:02:33 AM
the 69 is F3

Sweet!

Any chance you've got some hi-rez pix you could email me?

I would be most appreciative.Ā  :yesnod:

My "69 SE is a F3 w/black top & interior, and I haven't seen many pix of F3 green cars to date.

Thanks! :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

triple_green

Johnny,

I have a few if you send me your email address. My car has an antique green top and dark green leather interior.

3X
mtdouglass@att.net

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: triple_green on October 31, 2006, 11:49:37 PM
Johnny,

I have a few if you send me your email address. My car has an antique green top and dark green leather interior.

3X
mtdouglass@att.net

Done!

I've just been curious to know what my "69 would have looked similar too.

Here's the only other F3 "69 I've run across to date:

Johnny's Herd:

triple_green

Johnny,

My car has a basecoat/clearcoat 2 YO paintjob. If I was going to keep it, I think I would put a white top on it to go with the white buttstripe. I like the F3, but I think it is too plain looking, without some contrast and chrome. I really like it with the white stripe. That's why even though my car is a stripe delete car, I still put on the white stripe.

3X

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: triple_green on November 01, 2006, 10:52:50 AM
Johnny,

My car has a basecoat/clearcoat 2 YO paintjob. If I was going to keep it, I think I would put a white top on it to go with the white buttstripe. I like the F3, but I think it is too plain looking, without some contrast and chrome. I really like it with the white stripe. That's why even though my car is a stripe delete car, I still put on the white stripe.

3X

Yeah, it'd definitely not a grab you by the b*lls green, but like you said, when it's offset by a contrasting color it works nicely.

Mine looks very nice with the black top/interior combo.

At some point I'm thinking of adding a custom rear stripe (not a standard R/T version) since mine's not a true R/T.

Since my plan is to make it more of a G/T version of a Charger that's probably what I'll go with for the stripe.

Here's a pic of my F3 "69 still wearing most of her original paint:

I really dig the flat finish (oxidized areas) it has overall now, and in fact I've been toying with the idea of a flat F3 paint job (essential OD green).
Johnny's Herd:

Argos_Chargers

3X...are you going to set up a get together in Kent this spring or summer?

Argo
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

triple_green

Dodge-Charger meet next summer. YES,

I have been staking out the new Kent Station development/mall. They have a really snazzy main street. My thought is to get us lining the main street early on a saturday morning. Nice location and it would bring 100 times the people to look over the cars.

Problem is I have to clear it through the city of Kent Bureacrats. Last year they denied us using their covered parking garage for a spring event.

3X