News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Dash Bezel Reprodced - FINALLY!!

Started by Corellian Corvette, October 30, 2006, 05:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

Have't seen this posted anywhere. Looks like PG Classics finally has the 68 Dash Bezels reproduced. Just sent them a mail to get a set. We'll see!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-New-Mopar-Charger-Hemi-R-T-A-C-Gauge-Beze-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ80739QQihZ002QQitemZ120044435173

Corellian Corvette

bull

They've had them for a little while. I think there's a thread about them somewhere. And yea, $400 is steep but that's about the same cost as a refurbish.

Mean 318

charge-it

They`ve been out for almost 2 months now. I`m going to definately buy a complete set but won`t want to be the first to buy. Has anyone else stepped up to the plate yet? If so, how was the fit and finish? Any issues? I`m also probably going to pull the trigger on the taillight round bezels as soon as I haer a report on those. I did buy the pot metal tail chrome and they were perfect. I also bought the 4 speeeed console plate and that was perfect as well. I may be the first to have 40K in a 318 Charger...by the time I`m done building a bullitt clone...440, console shifted 18 spline 4 speed, 3:54 geared dana 60.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Mean 318

Sounds like you are going to have one hell of a nice car! Congrats!!!! :2thumbs: :icon_smile:

HITMAN 149

they seem to have nice stuff...but a lot of COIN!!  :o
but hey...this stuff aint growing on trees!!! LOL  ::)
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

BigBlockSam

they do look good and my charger needs them . i'm gonna try to restore mine on my own . if i mess that up, then i go for one of these . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

terrible one

Quote from: hobobum149 on October 30, 2006, 11:24:30 PM
they seem to have nice stuff...but a lot of COIN!!  :o
but hey...this stuff aint growing on trees!!! LOL  ::)

Haha yeah you got that right. You gotta imagine how much it costs for all of that tooling though.

Corellian Corvette

If you think about it - it's not that bad.

First - if you don't have a set there is no way you're going to buy one, and have it restored, for less.
Second - If you sell your originals (Like I'm going to do), you'll make some of it back which will bring the cost down.

I'm getting a set - we'll see how the look.

dkn1997

looks nice, but can i please get a closeup before I drop that kind of cash?  I cannot really tell from the pics if it's painted silver or really rechromed.
RECHRGED

Schuler

That price doesn't seem bad to me compared to other things. But, are they availible with woodgrain?
-Zach Schuler
1969 Charger RT/SE 14.091 @ 98.25 (spinning)
1997 Cherokee Sport 4x4 16.057 @ 84
1956 D-100 Pickup
http://www.cardomain.com/id/schuler

Brock Samson

yes in '69 Special Edition and Specific '70 Trim.

Silver R/T

you'll spend that much just to replate and spray black on them
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

rare69

i bought the 69 wood grain kit from these guys and it looks and fits very ,very nice! one of the best reproduction parts i have ever seen, yeah it is spendy but you wont find a sticker kit that looks half as good.the shipping time was a little long and the box came  directly from china,no kidding!

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: charge-it on October 30, 2006, 09:54:24 PM
They`ve been out for almost 2 months now. I`m going to definately buy a complete set but won`t want to be the first to buy. Has anyone else stepped up to the plate yet? If so, how was the fit and finish? Any issues? I`m also probably going to pull the trigger on the taillight round bezels as soon as I haer a report on those. I did buy the pot metal tail chrome and they were perfect. I also bought the 4 speeeed console plate and that was perfect as well. I may be the first to have 40K in a 318 Charger...by the time I`m done building a bullitt clone...440, console shifted 18 spline 4 speed, 3:54 geared dana 60.

$40 k...I'll be well over that for my 68 R/T 440...Can't wait to get some progress made. :icon_smile_blackeye:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Shakey

Here are a couple of photos of the P & G products I saw at Moparfest in New Hamburg, ON this past summer.  P & G are the fellows from the East coast of Canada.  These items were not cheap but they sure were nice.   :yesnod:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: charge-it on October 30, 2006, 09:54:24 PMI may be the first to have 40K in a 318 Charger ...............want to race , cause im in the same boat but dont tell my wife!!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

DC_1

Quote from: Shakey on December 01, 2006, 10:07:42 AM
Here are a couple of photos of the P & G products I saw at Moparfest in New Hamburg, ON this past summer.  P & G are the fellows from the East coast of Canada.  These items were not cheap but they sure were nice.   :yesnod:

They look good but I am more interested in how the 68s look......is the rib detail accurate?.....Shakey, on the ones you took pics of, how are the letter and bezel detail?

Shakey

Quote from: Sydmoe on December 01, 2006, 12:08:31 PM
Quote from: Shakey on December 01, 2006, 10:07:42 AM

They look good but I am more interested in how the 68s look......is the rib detail accurate?.....Shakey, on the ones you took pics of, how are the letter and bezel detail?

They were beautiful!  They are on my list of things to buy.

41husk

Is that 400 for complete set including the radio bezel?  If so that aint real bad comparativly.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger-Bodie

400. for air cars 465. w/o air but anyways i ordered mine from herbs and supposedly theirs are better than pg as they have the part number on back and are the better ones of the batch where the pg ones are rumered to be seconds or blems ...but this is just stuff ive been told so i dont know whats true , i will post when mine get here from herbs ;D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............