News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vacuum tree

Started by Hemidog, October 30, 2006, 05:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

Been trying to install my headlight vacuum hoses, and i found out my intake manifold nipple only has one point, for my power brakes.
where can i get a vacuum nipple tree to fit my 400?

or should i just get a 2-point for my power brake booster? if so, where?

thanks.

71charger_fan

The junkyard '77 400 I bought had one from the factory. There should still be some around somewhere.

Hemidog

you think they are different depending on the engine/intake?
perhaps i should just settle with a 2 point on my booster...  ???

is_it_EVER_done?

If the pics you posted are of your car, you have severall unused ports that are capped by rubber plugs, so I'm not really sure of what you are asking.

As far as your headlights go, it appears as though the vacuum line for them is already connected.

:shruggy:

Hemidog

those are not pics of my car, got them of another thread...

8WHEELER

This is the correct original fitting, I just bought another one of these off ebay, it was under $10.00 for an
original I was happy. I have only found them from friends or ebay, they can be hard to find.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Hemidog

thanks 8WHEELER, found a couple on ebay, but the extra point looks a bit too thin.
but maybe it would work...

8WHEELER

I would say they are a bit to small, keep your eyes open you will find one  ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

histoy

The vacuum tree pictures posted by Hemidog show the tree used on cars that have a vacuum operated heater (like my '64 Belvedere).  The connection for the headlight doors is bigger in diameter.   Another option is to tap into an extra vacuum connection that comes on some of the plastic one way valves for the power brake booster.  These might be easier to find.  I believe the first group of pictures show this type of valve.

Hemidog

yeah i was thinking about that one histoy, they should probably be easy to find?

histoy

Check with Booster Dewey.   He rebuilt the brake booster that was put on my Charger, and he installed the valve with the extra vacuum connection that could be used for the lights.

histoy

The vacuum tree on my '68 has 3 hose connections.  It looks like the one that was just listed on eBay. 
Item #190048343459

MM1R/T

Histoy:

What is the extra port hooked up to on your car? Do you have A/C or power brakes?

gtx6970

Quote from: Hemidog on November 01, 2006, 12:21:13 PM
thanks 8WHEELER, found a couple on ebay, but the extra point looks a bit too thin.
but maybe it would work...

those are for factory air cars excluding chargers with vacuum headlights

histoy

My car is equipped with power brakes and AC.  Large connection goes to power brake booster.  Middle size goes to headlight doors.  Small to heater / AC controls.

MM1R/T

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

Hemidog

thanks histoy! hope to win that auction!

gtx6970

I've got ONE of the same trees listed on the bay, first one to pm me gets it for cost of postage

hemigeno

Hey Bill,

You don't happen to have a vacuum tree with two ports - both about the size of the medium port in your picture? 

I need one to work on my R/T which has manual brakes.  One port goes to the headlight cannister, and one port goes to the vacuum advance control (that green plastic housing valve that mounts behind the rear carb).

Any chance you've seen something like that in all your travels?

Troy (hemi68charger) gave me a photo of an original car with this fitting on it, but I haven't seen one myself (for sale, anyway).  Pic attached...

Thanks!

Geno

gtx6970

Geno,
All I have is one  of the one posted above and one of these .

hemigeno

Quote from: gtx6970 on November 07, 2006, 10:00:27 PM
Geno,
All I have is oneĀ  of the one posted above and one of these .

Bill,

Thanks for checking anyway!

histoy

If someone is looking for the '68 Charger vacuum tree with 3 different sized hose fittings, there's one that was just listed on eBay.  Item #300055835898