News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

bucket seat headrests.....

Started by HITMAN 149, October 30, 2006, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

hey guys...
does anyone know if there were specific bucket seats w/ the headrests (internal headrest rails?!?!?!? or something like that?!?!?) ... or if you get the bezels at the top of the seats, can you just add headrests to any bucket seats?!?!?!? i think the buckets w/ the headrests look so much cooler than w/out!!!
thanks.......
-JOHN
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Shakey

We talked about this just a while a go.  There was a thread with some great info and photos too!

DC_1

If you are talking 2nd gen....then your seat frames mostlikely have the holes just not the hardware.

This is what you need

along with a decent set of headrest of course.

I have been looking for a few months now on eBay....I keep getting out bid.....I have a hard time spending $100 fo rwhat you see in the pic. I have decided jsut to make the guides and spring and just buy the top bezel.

DC_1

I am going to cut it outta some nylon.....should give me low friction, be easy to machine and durable.

HITMAN 149

wow.... cool!!! thanks for the info/insight!!! i was finally able to pull up some old threads about the headrests!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Sydmoe on October 30, 2006, 02:45:10 PM
I am going to cut it outta some nylon.....should give me low friction, be easy to machine and durable.

Keep up the great work!  You & Charger Specialties are a great asset to the hobby! :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

HITMAN 149

damn....... :o
i just got a email from a guy on ebay....who said he had a set of complete hardware..... except the top chrome rectangular bezels for....
are ya ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $325!!!!!!!!!! :o :icon_smile_blackeye:
some one call the ambulance for an ice pack!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_dead:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

8WHEELER

Just about a month ago, I bought the inside plastic pieces and clips for about $100.00. The chrome
bezels seem to go for about $40.00 to $100.00 depending on there condition.

These pics will give you some idea how they work but on a bench seat, and the clips I bought are for bucket seats.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

HITMAN 149

so...is it that much of a big deal between bucket seat & bench seat hardware?!?!?!?
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

8WHEELER

Yes they do not screw in, in the same way, and the platic parts are not the same between the two.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

HITMAN 149

ok......thanks!!!!!!! damn friggin headrest crap is expensive!!!!!!!! LOL :o
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Ghoste

If you think it's expensive for 68-69 Chargers, try 67.  The hardware is slightly different, much less commonly found, and tremendously more money. :rotz: