News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WOOHOOO!!!!.I FINALLY GOT MY R/T DOORS!!.....THANKS CHARGERKID!!

Started by Goldfinger71, August 24, 2005, 04:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldfinger71

Well,
After about a 1 1/2 year search and trying to schedule a time to hook up with Rob(chargerkid)I was finally able to shedule a time and place with him to pick up my correct R/T doors!John(from UScartool, home of the original bolt in Driveshaft loop)who is doing some work on my car picked up my doors at the Nats a few weeks ago for me.
With all the clones being built it can sometimes be very difficult to find the one year only doors which were a major characteristic of the 71's.
Rob,I really do appreciate it!.......You have helped   save another 71 R/T! :cheers:
Hopefully soon I will have some pics up.My k frame is being stripped and powdercoated and totally rebuilt and my engine compartment is being stripped and painted.....Stay tuned!
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Nupe

Nice score.  No problem here with people cloning cars, but it is disheartening when you see parts needed on a clone.

Gives me nightmares just to think of something happening to my doors.  :-X  Hopefully someone will at least repop the R/T and Rallye fake vents for a weld in type conversion.  :P

'79 Lil'Red Express.

AKcharger

I'm with ya on the one year parts...glad I have good doors for my '72 Ralley!

Goldfinger71

Thanks guys!
Hey Nupe,what's the next step for your car?
AK' what's up with our Rallye?
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

KMPX2

I kick myself in the head for selling my perfect set of spare Rallye doors

cudaken

If I only knew, saw a pair on ine in the junk yard, had like 3 other cars sitting on top of it. Should have bought the doors, but that was 1984 or so.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Nupe

Goldfinger, the pics and story on 71superbee.com are cool.  My car is also sporting a 72 440 and was originally GY8 gold with black top.

Only plan left for my car this year is to get the bodywork done (by someone else) on my hood and hopefully get it working.  Need to have that little scoop to mess with,  :devil:

http://pic6.picturetrail.com:80/VOL151/1317904/2622065/70143715.jpg

Worst part about a 71 is how expensive the original exhaust tips are...  ouch!  :icon_smile_dead:

Jeremy

'79 Lil'Red Express.

Goldfinger71

You got that right Nupe!..............but at least we can say that are cars came with some of the coolest tips ever created.......if not the best! :)
Actaully I was going to paint it back to factory GY9(Dark Gold Metallic)But im going with GY8. The engine compatment is being painted now!.......I can't wait to see it! :icon_smile_cool:

Nupe

I'll want pics of the GY8 then.  Thought that color would be awful when I first bought my car, but found some pics and it's quite nice and different.   :icon_smile_cool:  Hopefully mine will be that color again... someday.  :P

My car was originally something like this, but no spoilers, stripe delete, and a vinyl top:

Drool!  :o  :yesnod:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

Goldfinger71

Nupe,
Ive seen that car.I have it in a few of my early Mopar magazines.It is known as "The Beast"It is (was)in N.C but I have never seen it in a show here.I got the idea of GY8 becuase of that car but also becuase my car was repainted that color before I bought it.However,when I bought it it was back in primer but the door jams,trunk,etc still had the GY8 paint on them(with th GY9 paint below it)I thought it was a different,but nice color.

chargerkid

Goldfinger,

I guess patience pays off in this case.  Glad your car is in the resto process.  Let me know if you need anything else.   Maybe I will work on that 71 R/T Norm Spaulding Trac pack car this winter.  I like that gold color!

Have fun with the resto.