News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68,69,or 70?

Started by h76, October 28, 2006, 06:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squeakfinder

I think when it comes to the few cosmetic differences of the car the 68 is the best. No offence to 69 and 70 owners but I don't care for the Pontiac split grill of 69 or the Chrysler 300 looking front end of the 70.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

terrible one

'68 is my favorite year. I really like the wide open '68 grill. However, I have to admit, I may like the '69 tail lights better than those of the '68.

Zentelis

'68..It's the tail lights that won me over. It was a toss up between '68 and '70 'cause I love that long single grill, but as soon as I saw Blade's triple-black '68, I knew which one I had to have :D

squeakfinder

Triple Black? Doe's tipple black mean 'Black exterior, black convertable top and black interior." Or in are cases "Black exterior, black vinyl top and black interior."?

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

69charger2002

too hard for me to decide.. but truthfully i will say the 70 is MY personal least favorite, while it's my wife's favorite. i just think the bumper takes away from the flow of the body on a 70.. my wife of course, just likes it because it's  more chrome. by the way rotsparts, yes triple black is exactly what you are thinking
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

BigBlockSam

QuoteI think 69 and 70 tailights suit the shape of the car better 

thats what makes the 68 special are the tail lights .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Nacho-RT74

don't like 70s like the other ones
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Khyron

<--- 69
        |
        |
       \ /

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

4cruzin

Gotta like'em all!!     :icon_smile_big:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

JMF

1968, the grille is just perfect for the car

Rolling_Thunder

people like the 1969 grill, the 1968 tailights, and the options available for a 1970 ---    in my opinion....     i like the 69 taillights, the 68 grill and the 70 option list....      hows that for being a rebel ?   ;D
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

69DodgeCharger

Take a 68 body, put in a 69 tailpanel and tailights and use the 70 interior and and a 70 trunklid with a wing, of course you would need 69 or 70 doors to use the 70 interior.....I think that would be one good looking car add a pistol grip 4 spd. just to really make it nice
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Lowprofile

Quote from: 41husk on October 29, 2006, 03:13:14 AM
I would say 70 RT is the most desirable. next would be the 68 and then the 69.

I agree. I've owned a few over the years [all 3] and the 70' has always been my favorite.   :2thumbs: :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Blusmbl

Make mine a '68 with the '70 option list.  Woodgrain and pistol grip, please.  I like the '68 seat stitching, though.
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

Brock Samson

Quote from: myk on October 29, 2006, 12:34:59 AM
Quote from: 73SEDan400 on October 28, 2006, 06:41:54 PM
Blondes, brunettes, or redheads...I like 'em all.  :yesnod:

That about sums it up.  I don't think people care as much about years as they do for options and equipment on the car; a rustbucket all-original '70 hemi 4 speed will get more attention than a councours-correct '68 with a slant 6 and column shift. 

Personally, I think the '68 is the best year: the best grill (I hate the chrome "labia" on the 70), tail lights, etc..

"the chrome "labia" on the 70"         

Ya' know you Really Need To Get Out More..   :yesnod:

rare69

has to be 69! like the tail lights ,grille and wood grain interior better than 68 and dont really care for the 70 chrome bumper.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Blusmbl on October 29, 2006, 07:45:15 PM
Make mine a '68 with the '70 option list.  Woodgrain and pistol grip, please.  I like the '68 seat stitching, though.

:iagree:

The only drawback of the '68 is the short option list.

azraelck

Hmmm. A car I don't have, and most likely never will, vs a car I don't have, and most likely never will, vs a car I don't have, and most likely never will. Hard choice for me. :P

I like the '68 Grill best, '69 tailights, but I like the '70's tailights just a well. I wouldn't mix and match one either, unles I grabbed a solid but stripped out car. Then I might consider it.
For every good man that is born, another good man must die.  Yet somehow the
factory keeps pumping out losers and we have no idea how to get rid of them.
--Kersus

41husk

Quote from: azraelck on October 30, 2006, 08:50:18 AM
Hmmm. A car I don't have, and most likely never will, vs a car I don't have, and most likely never will, vs a car I don't have, and most likely never will. Hard choice for me. :P

I like the '68 Grill best, '69 tailights, but I like the '70's tailights just a well. I wouldn't mix and match one either, unles I grabbed a solid but stripped out car. Then I might consider it.
Why do you say will never have?  Do you not want one?  I can see saying, "I most likely will never have an original Hemi car or a Daytona but 2nd gens are still available and although prices are going up they are still not like e body prices".  If you truly want a 68, 69 or 70 you can get one.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Manfred318

I would have to say '68 for me. Not to say I don't like the '69 and '70, I just like the looks of the '68 a bit better.  :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

CaptMarvel

Although I own a 68 R/T and love it, my ultimate favorite of the three is and always has been the 69.
My opinion is as follows:

68's: best interior
69's: best grille and taillight treatments
70's: cool tailights like the 69, but the grille is butt ugly like a big catfish! and all other 70 Mopar grilles...

Sorry, but the 70 is by far my least favorite...

MoparUSAF

4forty

the great 68!  But I love 'em all........

19Charger68

1968!!!!, but would not turn down a 69 or 70.
Bruce

azraelck

Quote from: 41husk on October 30, 2006, 09:16:27 AM
Why do you say will never have?  Do you not want one?  I can see saying, "I most likely will never have an original Hemi car or a Daytona but 2nd gens are still available and although prices are going up they are still not like e body prices".  If you truly want a 68, 69 or 70 you can get one.

Because I most likely won't. First off, I now have a bad back, thanks to a drunk in a Caravan. So a major project is out. I was trying to dump my truck because it's too much project for my back to handle. I'm only keeping it because no one wants a rolling frame and cab, even if it has a good rear end in it. Plus, that rear might come in handy. Second, prices have skyrocketed to the point where I've all but discounted a 2nd gen unless I get a much much better paying job than I have now. Gutted trash, needing everything, sells for more than I paid for any car I've owned save the Cobalt. Cars in tolerable shape, but needing work and restoration,  cost more than the $14k I paid for the Cobalt.

Now a 3rd gen, I can and probably will get. In fact, if it wasn't for my brother needing a loan, I'd have a '72 SE right now. I've passed up three so far, all three combined asked for less than the cheapest I've seen a decent 2nd gen go for. Only one of those three were in a relatively poor condition, and it was in better shape than my Dart. 1st Gens, I've never seen one for sale. :P But then I don't look for them that hard.

Believe me, I'd love to have one. I graduated from The Duke School of Driving for Juvienile Deliquents shortly after graduating from Elwood Blues' Defensive Driving School. But my cynicism and pessimism comes first, and that says realistically, I need a lucky lottery ticket to even get a project.
For every good man that is born, another good man must die.  Yet somehow the
factory keeps pumping out losers and we have no idea how to get rid of them.
--Kersus