News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Get this...

Started by TK73, October 28, 2006, 12:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

My 14-yr old can get "extra credit" in school for wearing a halloween costume next week... wtf?
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Troy

Most kids these days get extra credit just for showing up for class. Sad isn't it? The question is: if one set of parents spends 20 hours making an elaborate costume for one kid and another just wears baggy pants and claims to be P Diddy then do they both get the same amount of credit?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Sounds like a project to get them ready for a career in government work.

TK73

Quote from: bull on October 28, 2006, 01:58:05 PM
Sounds like a project to get them ready for a career in government work.

Oh, THAT'S IT!!  was wondering why I get a 10% bonus for dressing up Tuesday...

Drache

Quote from: Troy on October 28, 2006, 12:38:41 PM
Most kids these days get extra credit just for showing up for class. Sad isn't it? The question is: if one set of parents spends 20 hours making an elaborate costume for one kid and another just wears baggy pants and claims to be P Diddy then do they both get the same amount of credit?

Troy

When I went to school... yes they both got the same amount. Sad isn't it? I worked hours on my costume and some punk who went out and sprayed himself with fake blood and claimed to be a murder victim both got the same amount of credit.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Silver R/T

sad bs. Many people quit school and get more money doing their own business, construction, truck driving, etc. Kids with school diplomas nowadays aren't much smarter than street bum
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

73dodge

WOW extra credit for wearing a costume?

Hey TK have her dress up as a nun and put a BIG rosary around her neck and send her off to school with a Bible in her hand.

The next sound you will hear is the sound of the school principles head exploding............

So then she'll get extra credit points AND get to spend the rest of the day at home. She then will get extra credit for not even attending school that day!
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

41husk

I don't give any such credit, but if it increases participation or interest, I am all for it!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

THE CHARGER PUNK

well i just recently finished my stint at an alternative school(school for when u get xpelled from mainstream aka ''bad kid'' school, really just a retarded kindergarten) and id get extra credits for bringin a pencil 2 class,its the stupidest thing ive ever heard of, all it really does it make school easier for these stupid kids then u have 2 go back to normal school like im doin in feb(off till then :icon_smile_big:) and u dont know shit or know how work in a normal environment, kinda off topic from the costume thing but go on with the thread. also what really is bullshit is how here in B.C. we are losing all of ourauto shop classes in high schools because of careless kids, so i have 2 learn auto post education because of some idiot who blew upa battery in his face like WTF?, ok way off topic, go on now with halloween :icon_smile_big:-MATT

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 73dodge on October 28, 2006, 05:28:18 PM

Hey TK have her dress up as a nun and put a BIG rosary around her neck and send her off to school with a Bible in her hand.

The next sound you will hear is the sound of the school principles head exploding............

So then she'll get extra credit points AND get to spend the rest of the day at home. She then will get extra credit for not even attending school that day!

That would be funny! :haha:

I don't remember where, but I heard that some school principal has cancelled halloween dress up for his school this year & said anyone coming to school dressed in halloween garb will be sent home.  :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TK73

Quote from: 73dodge on October 28, 2006, 05:28:18 PM

Nice try, but she is in Arkansas: "Buckle of the Bible Belt"... she'd probably be asked to save some souls or something...

Todd Wilson

Quote from: TK73 on October 28, 2006, 12:31:51 PM
My 14-yr old can get "extra credit" in school for wearing a halloween costume next week... wtf?

Maybe the 14 year old kid is blowing smoke up ol Dad's ass  so he will say its ok to wear a costume to school when theres not supposed to be costumes at school.

:o

Todd