News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's it worth? 1968 Hemi Clone

Started by RIDELIKEHELL, October 29, 2006, 09:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

RIDELIKEHELL

Didn't feel like searching but wondered if it had been around here. I like it & am still waiting on my resto to get moving. Orlando is only a flight away :icon_smile_approve:

I may have to give Mike a ring???
AMD POSTER BOY

Troy

When I posted that thread was directly above yours. ;)

As for prices, they are all over the place. I've seen them anywhere from the $50s to $80s for clones but since the real ones keep climbing you never know. I'm not sure this is the best time of year to sell for the best price but I'm not selling or buying so I could be wrong.

Troy

69charger2002

that car should go for 80. it is nice and if i know mike it is a super super nice car. his last 69 318 car brought almost 40k. this guy does quality work and though it's a clone, the only way you'd know it is the fender tag and a letter in the VIN. only problem i see is that it is kind of the wrong time of year to sell
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: Troy on October 29, 2006, 11:43:25 AM
When I posted that thread was directly above yours. ;)

As for prices, they are all over the place. I've seen them anywhere from the $50s to $80s for clones but since the real ones keep climbing you never know. I'm not sure this is the best time of year to sell for the best price but I'm not selling or buying so I could be wrong.

Troy

Troy,

I'm a dumb blonde I guess LOL :-[

I'm at work testing away & was looking over the Charger yesterday & thought I'd post something for kicks..it pays to read all the posts i guess. Sure is a sweet car! Me likes :icon_smile_big:
AMD POSTER BOY

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 29, 2006, 11:46:37 AM
that car should go for 80. it is nice and if i know mike it is a super super nice car. his last 69 318 car brought almost 40k. this guy does quality work and though it's a clone, the only way you'd know it is the fender tag and a letter in the VIN. only problem i see is that it is kind of the wrong time of year to sell
trav
And it's a bad time to drive up in the North as the snow will be here soon :icon_smile_approve:

But it would be nice to drink a few beers & stare at all winter long in the Garage with the boys ;D
AMD POSTER BOY

dkn1997

Even if you take the hemi out of the equation, that car is super nice.  add the elephant and the 4speed and that makes it real special.
RECHRGED

Mean 318

BigBlockSam

thats a sweet ride . i dig the pistol grip shifter. i'm not a big hemi head guy . a 440 turns me on just as much as a hemi . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

lilwendal

Gotta ask.   Whats ment by wrong time of the year?  ??? Is it climate related were if you live in a place that snows and hails and freezes and all that wicked terrible stuff that you dont want to buy a car that will sit in a garage for 5 months?  Or is it financial were all your money goes to buying the wife a nice christmas present? :icon_smile_big:

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: lilwendal on October 29, 2006, 12:38:02 PM
Gotta ask.   Whats ment by wrong time of the year?  ??? Is it climate related were if you live in a place that snows and hails and freezes and all that wicked terrible stuff that you dont want to buy a car that will sit in a garage for 5 months?  Or is it financial were all your money goes to buying the wife a nice christmas present? :icon_smile_big:

Buy her a present?..this would be my present..LOL
AMD POSTER BOY

bull

Quote from: lilwendal on October 29, 2006, 12:38:02 PM

It's not the sitting in the garage for 5-8 months that's the problem it's transporting an $80k car through snow and ice and risk dumping it upside down, along with the enclosed trailer, into a ditch. Ever seen this picture? It's risky enough transporting valuabe cars in nice weather, just imagine how much the risk increases once the snow flies. But if the buyer moves quickly the weather should hold for a while.

Khyron

that picture always brings a tear to my eye  :'(

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

4cruzin

I say around 62K.  Looks like a nice ride!!   :yesnod:   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Ghoste

I know it's a sign of the times but it's still strange to me to think of the time of year as being hazardous for transporting these cars.  I recall when it only meant driving them in the crappy weather and now we worry about driving the enclosed trailer in crappy weather.  Oh well.

Troy

Sorry RIDELIKEHELL, I was hoping the smileys would show that I was just messing with you. I posted the link mainly so people could see more about the car. ;)

Troy

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: Troy on October 29, 2006, 07:45:47 PM
Sorry RIDELIKEHELL, I was hoping the smileys would show that I was just messing with you. I posted the link mainly so people could see more about the car. ;)

Troy

:icon_smile_big: No offense taken TROY! No worries :cheers:
AMD POSTER BOY

84shelby

That is a sweet 68 .  My question is the paint color looks like  FC7  plum crazy,

was  FC7  available  before 1970???

I know it is a clone but it seems kind of glaring to go high impact on a 68.

Don't get me wrong here I think it looks fantastic, I would even go look at it

if I had the finaces to make a serious offer.    First nice Charger for sale that is

less than a hour away.   Plum crazy on a 68 that cant be  right.

TeeWJay426

That's correct- plum crazy was first available on a '70. But it's a clone... the point of which is build it like ya want it. Pistol grip isn't correct for it either, and neither is the Hemi.... but when it looks that gorgeous, who cares? :drool5:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

rickhemi

Rick<br />charger 69RT HEMI

8WHEELER

If making a clone for resale, one has to take into mind, what would be the most popular color, engine combo
and many other things. I would say that the 70 Charger looks best that color 'purple'. I am sure there is many
people out there that love that cars color combo, but the fact still remains a 68 RT was not available in
purple, so as it looks very nice, people will most likely no its a clone without looking at the Vin.

I am not saying its not worth what somebody pays for it, but as with everything else, you need to find the
right person that wants whatever color car combo, year, and engine combo you decide to build. You have to
put together a package that will bring you the most money for your labor and money spent. I understand
you are doing this for the fun as well as loving these cars. That is great, so you know how much a real Hemi
car is worth, that is one of the reasons I think you could get better money and interest if it was a 68 color.

Good luck with selling your Charger, it is sweet no doubt. I have a clone as well, 28yrs now and I love it  :icon_smile_big:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

472 R/T SE

:iagree:  Especially the "if you're building it for resale".   ^-^

lilwendal

8WHEELER.  Thanks for the complements.  I agree 100% with your post on building a car for resale.  I guess what I'd like to add is that when I start a car I never have to think about whats it worth.   I have a full time job that pays all my bills. I truly consider it a hobby I enjoy and as long as its at least worth what I put into it thats fine.  Most hobbies don't.  I never build a car for the market just what I think would be neat.  Unfortunatley I'm not wealthy and cannot afford to restore one car till the previous one has sold. When I purchased the new console plate from PG I could have easily purchased the correct 68 but I like the woodgrain so thats what I put in. Same with the shifter.  I'm very happy with how the car looks.  When the oppurtunity presents itself to restore a #s matching car, then I'll be sure that everything is correct.  But its a clone.  So have fun. The car I've begun now is just a green 318 car.  So i'm going to have more fun!!  Will end up triple black with a 440 or hemi.  But I do love these chargers and over the last few months bought a 69 RR and a 70 Satellite that sat in the garage for a couple months then resold without ever touching because I always go back to a charger.