News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Now's your chance! Trade that pile of parts in your garage for a stang!

Started by bull, October 28, 2006, 10:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Would you trade your disheveled project Charger for a running/driving/mint Mustang?

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/car/224932443.html

67 mustang mint trade for 68-69 charger project

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-224932443@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-10-24, 12:44AM PDT

I have a mint 67 red 289 manual mustang all stock trade for 68-69 dodge charger project

this is in or around portland

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Mean 318

Hemidog

Ghoste

Wait a minute, does he mean he wants to trade even?  A 67 Mustang for a Charger project?  What's the matter with that guy, does he think Charger owners are nuts?
Now a mint Mustang and a briefcase full of money and he might get some takers.

dads_69

Heres what I have to say about that...........I've had this frame on many mopars, and always made new friends, hahaha. Not!
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Troy

Quote from: cudahob3 on October 29, 2006, 05:23:44 AM
Quote from: tecmopar on October 29, 2006, 04:22:22 AM
For the right Mustang, why not.

WTF ???  :image_294343:
You haven't seen tecmopar's Mustang... ;)

If it were a fastback I'd drop one of my three projects in an instant. I have no desire to own a coupe though. After the 68 Charger the #2 car on my top ten list is a 67-68 Mustang fastback (I'd have the Bullitt set). I was actually looking at a 67 fastback project when I found my 73 Barracuda and since the Barracuda was drivable it won.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

If I had multiple projects I might consider it but I'm like Troy, a coupe does nothing for me but a '68 fastback would be ok. There's no way I'd trade my only Charger project for a Rustang unless it was a Boss or GT or California Special or something. In that case I'd trade, sell the Stang, buy a nice 383/4spd Charger like I have now and put the rest into my house. :yesnod:

41husk

:iagree: if I had more than one 68 and maybe if it were a project instead of finished, I might be interested?  I would really need to see the Ford.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

azraelck

If I'd bought that '73 Charger, with the barely running 318, and needing pretty much every body panel replaced due to cancerous rot; then yeah. Then I could sell the 'Stang, and buy the '72 in mint condition near me. :P
For every good man that is born, another good man must die.  Yet somehow the
factory keeps pumping out losers and we have no idea how to get rid of them.
--Kersus

Charger_Fan

He must want to trade pretty badly, I see he included lots of pics of his 'Stang to fruther entice someone who's decision might be 'on the ropes'. :crazy: 

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

In all seriousness, if it were the right Mustang and the Charger project was never going to be worth more than the 'Stang, or if the monetary worth was stupidly flip-flopped on the two cars, then I'd trade.  But I live in a Ford town and I'm really bored with them.  Especially Mustangs.

pettyfan43

Quote from: tecmopar on October 29, 2006, 04:22:22 AM
For the right Mustang, why not.

because the 68-69 Charger is 5 times the car a 67 Mustang is, the rustang is just a glorified falcon anyway. Not to mention there are about 5 Mustangs for every Charger.

The Mustang is a good start but he needs to come off some serious $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL